Why is every news media source slanted against Trump?

Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2017, 2:43 pm

You can't read anything (including Fox News) that doesn't have some sort of bias against him. When Obama was in office, news was just news. It wasn't really in favor ,or disfavor of the President...( Although most liberal media would fawn all over him to the point of being nauseating). It was simply reporting. Now I read some bogus headline that twists every word Trump says. It's gotten so bad, I don't even bother reading news online anymore or on my phone. Incidentally, Google newsstand will not even carry Fox news , or anything other than CNN, VOX, Newsweek, etc. But even Fox News doesn't like Trump . Everything is against him, and nothing is reported in a non biased way. "Trump said this", (when he really didn't). Or they slant a story: just a trivial example: He was feeding fish the wrong way? No, he wasn't. And what's worse, most people just read this stuff and take it at face value, without question. Its like the media is controlling and fueling the division in our country. This is some form of mind control. Even my Pastor blindly reads the "Huffington Post" and talks about it the following Sunday. What lunacy!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:52 pm

you may have answered your own question there: liberal leaning media.

now that doesn't make it acceptable or make it less bloody irritating that i can't read very many articles about him or the republican leadership in general without a hint of snark, bias or unfounded criticism

for example, the instances where he pronounced "puerto rico" as puérrrrrrrrrto rico ....it annoys me how many outlets went straight to saying he made fun of them without even considering the possibility that he was trying to honor them, by pronouncing the name as they would, phonetically with the spanish flapped [r] and it MAY have been a faux pas by dragging it out as long ad he did...

NOPE! ridicule!

i'm rarely a fan of what he does but i would at least appreciate a bit of neutrality and nonbias, and appreciate it if news outlets of all things would stop trying to force a divide upon us.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:20 pm

I wouldn't call The Economist (which I subscribe to) nor The Spectator (which I read weekly) "left" "liberal" or "left-leaning". Far from it. Yet they consistently publish thoughtful articles about the dangers of Trump's political ignorance to the USA and the world, and his lack of leadership qualities, his wish to divide rather than unite the different factions in the USA and inflame his followers to hate anyone who disagrees with him.

The answer in a nutshell is because Trump's ignorance, and inability to know his degree of ignorance, is dangerous, as is his lack of self control.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:23 pm

President Trump just had a stellar week in Asia.
You'd never know it from the mainstream media,
who showed one or two clips taken out of context
and edited into negative propaganda hit pieces.

If you're interested in watching videos of Trump
being welcomed to and speaking in Japan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines,
and keeping up with the actual news on a daily basis, send me a private message.

President Trump is greeted with respect, warmth, even affection, in
many countries in the world, esteemed by many leaders.
The welcome to China was especially awesome ... as well as historic.
It happened in prime time, and the media refused to cover it.

Previously, I watched President Trump
being welcomed to Saudi Arabia ...
once again, super awesome ...
the sword dance was especially fascinating!

The good news is, there's plenty of good news out there.
Trump is making America great again ...
and btw, making the world great again! 8)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:07 pm

B19 wrote:
I wouldn't call The Economist (which I subscribe to) nor The Spectator (which I read weekly) "left" "liberal" or "left-leaning". Far from it. Yet they consistently publish thoughtful articles about the dangers of Trump's political ignorance to the USA and the world, and his lack of leadership qualities, his wish to divide rather than unite the different factions in the USA and inflame his followers to hate anyone who disagrees with him.

The answer in a nutshell is because Trump's ignorance, and inability to know his degree of ignorance, is dangerous, as is his lack of self control.

^This.

garysoneji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Nov 2017, 4:10 pm

It sells. All of the nonsense click-bait headlines, while are useless and lack substance, are good for websites. He also makes it very easy to say negative things about him.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:11 pm

the_phoenix wrote:

being welcomed to and speaking in Japan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines,
and keeping up with the actual news on a daily basis, send me a private message.

Well I am glad he is having such a grand time in asia, meanwhile he is failing the american people. Lol what exactly is he doing to make anything great...wasting lots of money on a big ugly wall that slices through peoples property, wild-life reserves, resorts some Americans will end up on the Mexican side. Denying climate change and trying to back out of having to address it like the rest of the western world? Or is it his handing out tax breaks to the wealthy and increasing taxes on people making less than 75,000 a year? Oh yes those are great things for America and the world. :roll:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Well I am glad he is having such a grand time in asia, meanwhile he is failing the american people. Lol what exactly is he doing to make anything great...wasting lots of money on a big ugly wall that slices through peoples property, wild-life reserves, resorts some Americans will end up on the Mexican side. Denying climate change and trying to back out of having to address it like the rest of the western world? Or is it his handing out tax breaks to the wealthy and increasing taxes on people making less than 75,000 a year? Oh yes those are great things for America and the world. :roll:

You have the right to your opinions.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:28 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Really now, I had no idea. Still doesn't answer my question as to what Trump is doing to 'make america great'.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:30 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Really now, I had no idea. Still doesn't answer my question as to what Trump is doing to 'make america great'.

You didn't back up a thing you said.
Why should I?

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

garysoneji wrote:
It sells.

Exactly. From the media's point of view he's the perfect President. Most consumers of mass media like the news that they read to confirm what they already believe, and negative stories usually generate more traffic than positive ones. A negative story about Trump is win-win for the media because both sides get their negative preconceptions confirmed. His supporters believe that there is a liberal conspiracy against him (confirmed because he's been criticised again), and his detractors believe that he is too arrogant or stupid to hold his office (confirmed by the reported behaviour.)

As a reader, a Trump bashing story provides you with a new piece of evidence to bolster what you already believe, regardless of which side of the debate you are on - and thus emboldened, <clicky, clicky> on social media to harp on about how this story proves you were right all along. Whether or not the media has a liberal bias barely enters into it, the biggest bias is towards getting people worked up enough to fire up their browser and go comment about it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 7:35 pm

A lot of the influential media are headquartered in progressive areas. So most that work for them will come from those areas and they and they miss out on what "flyover" America thinks.

Plus Trump has been hostile to them so the natural reaction is to see the bad things in the person calling you and your friends names all the time.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:45 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
you may have answered your own question there: liberal leaning media.

now that doesn't make it acceptable or make it less bloody irritating that i can't read very many articles about him or the republican leadership in general without a hint of snark, bias or unfounded criticism

for example, the instances where he pronounced "puerto rico" as puérrrrrrrrrto rico ....it annoys me how many outlets went straight to saying he made fun of them without even considering the possibility that he was trying to honor them, by pronouncing the name as they would, phonetically with the spanish flapped [r] and it MAY have been a faux pas by dragging it out as long ad he did...

NOPE! ridicule

i'm rarely a fan of what he does but i would at least appreciate a bit of neutrality and nonbias, and appreciate it if news outlets of all things would stop trying to force a divide upon us.

American Journalism is in a sad state of affairs when Trump taking a break to sip water during a conference is considered to be crime of the century on NBC and CNN.

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2017, 10:23 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Why should I?

Politics in a nutshell.

garysonji wrote:
It sells.

Trogluddite wrote:
Exactly. From the media's point of view he's the perfect President. Most consumers of mass media like the news that they read to confirm what they already believe, and negative stories usually generate more traffic than positive ones. A negative story about Trump is win-win for the media because both sides get their negative preconceptions confirmed. His supporters believe that there is a liberal conspiracy against him (confirmed because he's been criticised again), and his detractors believe that he is too arrogant or stupid to hold his office (confirmed by the reported behaviour.)

As a reader, a Trump bashing story provides you with a new piece of evidence to bolster what you already believe, regardless of which side of the debate you are on - and thus emboldened, <clicky, clicky> on social media to harp on about how this story proves you were right all along. Whether or not the media has a liberal bias barely enters into it, the biggest bias is towards getting people worked up enough to fire up their browser and go comment about it.

Politisation is commoditisation.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm

Clakker wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Why should I?

Politics in a nutshell.

Nope. I actually have facts to present.
Here's an example of Trump making America great again:
As promised during his election campaign, President Trump has donated his presidential salary rather than accepting it for himself.

A politician keeping a promise ... imagine that! 8)
America is made great again with a president who keeps his word
... and helps out the National Park Service at the same time. :)

Thanks for inspiring me to make this post!
And yeah, that was an easy one. Plenty more where that came from ...

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:04 am

the_phoenix wrote:

As the President of the United-States of course he is welcomed with great pump, it don't necessary mean he's appreciated. Countries like China, Saudi Arabia and lately the Philippines are not know for been big places on freedom by the way.