Why is every news media source slanted against Trump?

Page 4 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
William Henry Harrison passed away one month into his term. His grade is a resounding "incomplete." Forget about him when assessing Presidents.

Harding was bad because he didn't see the scandal around him/or perhaps he was indirectly/directly involved in the scandals.

Buchanan was bad because he didn't see the coming Civil War for what it was. He was almost like Nero with the fiddle. He just sort of sat there, and let things happen.

I don't believe Obama will be one of the "great" Presidents....but I believe he's at least in the middle of the pack. He was a great compromiser, but a so-so innovator, in my opinion. Obamacare was not a godsend, by any means. He didn't seem overmatched by the office---like Trump seems to be.

At this point, Trump would be barely above people like Buchanan, but lower than Nixon. Nixon, at least, knew what he was doing until Watergate came along.

I'd place Andrew Johnson pretty low, as well, especially since he had purposely sought the failure of Radical Reconstruction, proving himself to be a reactionary and racist.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 1:10 am

No wonder he got impeached.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 2:38 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
No wonder he got impeached.

Unfortunately, his political career survived.

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 2:39 am

naturalplastic wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Considers the assassination of a US president to be in bad taste.

The Irish Village thing is a bit too far. But the Der Speigel cover is no worse than this Herblock cartoon about Nixon from the Watergate era.

The caption read "How can you say that he hasn't 'Faithfully executed the laws'?"

Another period in American history of an apoplectic media. Nixon’s visit to China will be in the history books. In 50+ years, Trump’s recent visit, as all visits by an American president since Nixon, will be seen in this historical context.

What makes the Spiegel cover so egregious is the reference to Jihadi John (sensationalized for ratings). The imagery used to, at least in the West refer to Perseus beheading the Medusa.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2017, 2:31 pm

Where I live, I can tell the economy is picking up. My sister who was unemployed for the past 5 years (under Obama, btw) , finally got a nice paying job! I am also working part time and I see more businesses booming. Trump is flipping back the switch on bad Obama policies. The pipeline will be great for expansion of the economy and job growth. Lower taxes fuel the economy. The rich should not have to suffer simply because they earned or inherited what they have. We need to have a flat tax system so that its simple and easy. Also I believe in charter schools for better education. People should have choices. I don't see why this is so hard for the leftists to understand.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2017, 9:05 pm

The news has always been a biased piece of s**t on everything.

"This just in, a guy asked a women out for coffee in an elevator, when she didn't want it. This just shows us that women are never safe from sexual assault, even in elevators."

"This just in, a black man in a grey hoodie was walking behind a woman at night time. Thankfully she got away by walking slightly faster, and the police arrested the man after being described as "a black man in a grey hoodie."

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 11:22 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
You can't read anything (including Fox News) that doesn't have some sort of bias against him. When Obama was in office, news was just news. It wasn't really in favor ,or disfavor of the President...( Although most liberal media would fawn all over him to the point of being nauseating). It was simply reporting. Now I read some bogus headline that twists every word Trump says. It's gotten so bad, I don't even bother reading news online anymore or on my phone. Incidentally, Google newsstand will not even carry Fox news , or anything other than CNN, VOX, Newsweek, etc. But even Fox News doesn't like Trump . Everything is against him, and nothing is reported in a non biased way. "Trump said this", (when he really didn't). Or they slant a story: just a trivial example: He was feeding fish the wrong way? No, he wasn't. And what's worse, most people just read this stuff and take it at face value, without question. Its like the media is controlling and fueling the division in our country. This is some form of mind control. Even my Pastor blindly reads the "Huffington Post" and talks about it the following Sunday. What lunacy!

I guess you don't pay much attention. There are news sources that don't think him to be the complete idiot that he is.

GoSensGo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm

CNN is garbage. They ran a story accusing Donald Trump of eating too much fast food, and now they're sh*****g on him for delivering on his campaign promises lol

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 2:06 pm

GoSensGo wrote:
CNN is garbage. They ran a story accusing Donald Trump of eating too much fast food, and now they're sh*****g on him for delivering on his campaign promises lol

Well, considering that those campaign promises he's keeping involve nativism, religious bigotry, homophobia, not to mention a move that is sure to derail any chance of Middle Eastern peace, criticism is justified.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

GoSensGo wrote:

You mean like moving the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem?

It's a stupid move. The embassy in Tel Aviv is already paid for. Moving it to Jerusalem will likely cost more than a billion dollars. Moving it to Jerusalem will also likely create more unrest in an area that settles down. We should be trying to encourage peace, not war.

GoSensGo

07 Dec 2017, 3:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
GoSensGo wrote:

Well, considering that those campaign promises he's keeping involve nativism, religious bigotry, homophobia, not to mention a move that is sure to derail any chance of Middle Eastern peace, criticism is justified.

Nativism, religious bigotry, homophobia? Like what?

Peace in the middle east... lol, that's a good one!

GoSensGo

07 Dec 2017, 3:42 pm

kokopelli wrote:
GoSensGo wrote:

It's a stupid move. The embassy in Tel Aviv is already paid for. Moving it to Jerusalem will likely cost more than a billion dollars. Moving it to Jerusalem will also likely create more unrest in an area that settles down. We should be trying to encourage peace, not war.

There's not going to be peace there, and you can't dictate policy on what is or isn't going to piss off the Palestinians. There's been a large lot of land leased to America for a Jerusalem embassy since 1989, and Trump is finally going to be the one to have the guts to respect Israel's wishes. I think it's a great move.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 5:19 pm

GoSensGo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GoSensGo wrote:

Nativism - Talk about that damn wall; and no, it isn't just about illegals, as Trump's supporters are dead set against immigration of any kind, especially if it involves darker people. Think about the shoddy way Trump is treating the Dreamers, or how he wants to limit immigration to only educated, skilled persons (if that was always the case, chances are, you and I wouldn't be Americans today, as our ancestors had no special skills for the most part).

Religious bigotry - Trump giving into the Islamophobia of his base, blaming desperate refugees of the crimes committed against them by actual terrorists.

Homophobia - That proposed idiot freedom of religion legislation of Trump's (as if we didn't already have freedom of religion! :roll: ), which is really code for giving his fundie and holy roller supporters freedom to trample on the rights of LGBT Americans.

And I didn't even say anything yet about punishing poor people by cutting medical coverage for them and their children. Or how his tax reform is a huge tax break for the wealthy and corporations, while screwing over the poor and middle class. Or how he's jeopardizing any chance for Middle Eastern peace by giving in again to his fundie and holy howler supporters who think God will reward them for being nice to the Israelis (based entirely on an interpretation of Revelations that no legitimate mainline Biblical scholar defends), even if it causes our Arab allies to turn away from us, possibly forever.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 3:41 am

kokopelli wrote:
GoSensGo wrote:

Don't you know that conservatives never waste money? Except when they do.

GoSensGo

08 Dec 2017, 7:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
GoSensGo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GoSensGo wrote:

Nativism - Talk about that damn wall; and no, it isn't just about illegals, as Trump's supporters are dead set against immigration of any kind, especially if it involves darker people. Think about the shoddy way Trump is treating the Dreamers, or how he wants to limit immigration to only educated, skilled persons (if that was always the case, chances are, you and I wouldn't be Americans today, as our ancestors had no special skills for the most part).

Religious bigotry - Trump giving into the Islamophobia of his base, blaming desperate refugees of the crimes committed against them by actual terrorists.

Homophobia - That proposed idiot freedom of religion legislation of Trump's (as if we didn't already have freedom of religion! :roll: ), which is really code for giving his fundie and holy roller supporters freedom to trample on the rights of LGBT Americans.

And I didn't even say anything yet about punishing poor people by cutting medical coverage for them and their children. Or how his tax reform is a huge tax break for the wealthy and corporations, while screwing over the poor and middle class. Or how he's jeopardizing any chance for Middle Eastern peace by giving in again to his fundie and holy howler supporters who think God will reward them for being nice to the Israelis (based entirely on an interpretation of Revelations that no legitimate mainline Biblical scholar defends), even if it causes our Arab allies to turn away from us, possibly forever.

1. Newsflash - EVERY PRESIDENT, both Democrat and Republican, campaign on strengthening America's borders. Those were big campaign promises from Bill Clinton and Obama too, but nobody thought it was racist when they talked about it. The rest of the stuff is just garbage you're inventing. Trump never spoke out against immigration. Mass immigration ended in the early 1900s. Things change. America could not sustain just taking everyone who felt like moving there. (I'm not American btw, I'm Canadian)

2. Religious bigotry... how? All he wanted was a proper vetting of Muslim refugees and immigrants coming in to make sure they're not bringing in terrorists.

3. Homophobia... absolutely not. He's standing up for religious freedom and something called "freedom of association". I'm not religious, but I don't think religious people and businesses should be forced to do something that goes against their religious beliefs. I don't think Muslim business owners should forced to serve or handle pork, either. It's not about bigotry, it's about freedom. Trump was giving interviews to the Advocate 30 years ago supporting gay rights. Hillary and Obama were publicly against gay marriage until a few years ago, people forget that.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:14 am

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Where I live, I can tell the economy is picking up. My sister who was unemployed for the past 5 years (under Obama, btw) , finally got a nice paying job! I am also working part time and I see more businesses booming. Trump is flipping back the switch on bad Obama policies. The pipeline will be great for expansion of the economy and job growth. Lower taxes fuel the economy. The rich should not have to suffer simply because they earned or inherited what they have. We need to have a flat tax system so that its simple and easy. Also I believe in charter schools for better education. People should have choices. I don't see why this is so hard for the leftists to understand.

Hey, OP. There's the answer to your original question.
*now pop open a bottle of champagne*