Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 11:22 am

I always felt that I was the only one in my family who never really became anything. Everybody I knew seemed to grow up to become something except for me. Otherwise, I always felt loved and wanted. I always felt like the dumb one in terms of life experience.

Tagrhm
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Feb 2018, 8:39 pm

Oh God, yes. My family were the first people that really made no sense to me. They seem to incite so much drama in their own lives that spills into mine. My youngest sister even told me I was her conscience. I guess that's a good job for someone with Autism since I am very rules driven but it made me throughout my life a nervous wreck.

I did a dna test with Ancestry, I love genealogy, and I have proven they are my family. That and I'm the spitting image of my dad's side of the family sigh. I so wish I was adopted though because then maybe I could find where I belong. It's hard enough being a freak in the world, but being one in your family is even harder.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 7:03 pm

When I was in my early teens I sometimes wished I was adopted because that would mean I wasn't really related to my annoying older brother. :twisted:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 7:17 pm

It’d be damn hard to believe I was adopted. However, the same traits which seemed more than acceptable, and even strong points, in earlier generations, are now undoubtedly symptoms of mental illness when I show them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 7:41 pm

I've always felt that I was adopted for various reasons throughout my life. I mainly felt adopted because my accent was different from that of everyone else. Apparently, both my my mum and dad have a British accent and my sister probably does as well. I, on the other hand have a nice German accent that helps me to pass as Male.