Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

angela8
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2017, 11:06 pm

My friend knows I like him, and he talks about someone I know he likes. He knows I'm jealous of her. Is he just oblivious or is he being a prick? I have asked about her in the past, but it's insensitive of him to be overly concerned with why she didn't call him when I'm obviously crazy about him. I told him. What do others think. He's usually nice.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:11 pm

Beware: there's a german proverb that is right on point; "Someone who talks about others to me will talk about me to others"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:34 am

nevermind...

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 20 Nov 2017, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 4:29 am

From my experience people who generally do that are giving a message that they don’t like you back. If I talk about a guy I like to another male it generally means I wouldn’t want to date the guy I’m talking to.

Sometimes people do it to make someone jealous they like, to see how much they like them, but since he knows you like him openly It’s probably safe to assume he isn’t interested in you.

The exception is he has a low IQ and has no idea it’s inappropriate.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2017, 4:53 am

hale_bopp wrote:
From my experience people who generally do that are giving a message that they don’t like you back. If I talk about a guy I like to another male it generally means I wouldn’t want to date the guy I’m talking to.

I think this is very on point.
I have learned that if I don't want to interact with guys, I just take the first opportunity to mention my boyfriend, and they'll be out of my hair soon.

Or maybe he's just inconsiderate. That has happened to me too, when I was talking to someone that I know like me, about someone else that I like. I felt really bad afterwards when I realized I might have hurt their feelings by talking about the other person. I just didn't get it at the time.

angela8
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2017, 9:51 am

Thanks for all replies. Unrequited love is terrible.