Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:33 pm

I guess I will not have a Thanksgiving meal of any kind...there's no indication that there will be any kind of Thanksgiving meal here at the rehab place and there is definite indication that there won't :(.
Briefly, there is a dinner downtdowthat other, and I thought l'd go...but public transport in Santa Cruz shuts down 100% on holidays. So, I guess I won't :cry:.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:41 pm

We have Thanksgiving early in October in Canada. I find the Americans make such a big deal about it in November insanely annoying. They make almost as big of a deal about it as Christmas. I see everywhere I look on the internet and TV. I'm so sick of it. On Thanksgiving it was just my parents and I having a nice turkey dinner and that was it. We didn't invite half the people in the entire country over or have huge parades or anything. Basically just something to keep me going until Halloween. :roll:

And they traditionally eat turkey only to have it again a month later, don't they get sick of it by then?

And don't even get me started on the whole "Hooray, the Indians saved us pilgrims from dying out in their homeland by giving us food, lets show how thankful we are by killing them all!"

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 12:35 am

My entire family makes a big deal about Thanksgivings & Christmas, it very stressful & dama time. They can put something new in the stuffing every year.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Nov 2017, 4:33 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
And they traditionally eat turkey only to have it again a month later, don't they get sick of it by then?
Lots of people have ham on Christmas but some of them still have turkey & some have both for ThanxGiving too.

Me & my girlfriend did the ThanxGiving thing today with her family because the buses don't run that day. It was just her immedient family like her mom, brothers, & brother's girlfriend. Her sister didn't go cuz she wasn't feeling well & her dad never goes in there because there's stairs & he has lots of health issues.
When we did the thing with my family it was at my grandparents & my grandparents were there of coarse along with my aunts, uncles, cousins & their partners along with their kids so it was a bigger deal than my girlfriend's family, at least the way it is nowadays.
My parents haven't really done the ThanxGiving thing since I moved out 5 years ago. My grandma is too old to handle the dinner at her place & my mom kind of had a falling out with her sisters & one their kids. My dad's family used to do a ThanxGiving meal which was similar to how my mom's side of the family did it but they quit years ago after my grandma started having lots of health problems & she's no longer around.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 7:14 am

..I really like stuffing, missing it is one of the down thoughts about missing Thanksgiving :cry:. I have had mo family around me for many years (my father was an only child)? and now, with my brother having died :cry: in the last year (With me not having been able to see him, for lack of money, for twenty years :cry:.), I have absolutely no real family :( .
I can see where, as you describe it, having too much drama and ritual can be too much too.

y4670"]My entire family makes a big deal about Thanksgivings & Christmas, it very stressful & dama time. They can put something new in the stuffing every year.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!