Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:14 pm

Had you ever felt like you are out of this world insane even though you were told you are completely sane?

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 20 Nov 2017, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:16 pm

..... :mrgreen:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:17 pm

Yeah, every day! :D

I am scared of being insane though. Everybody tells me I am not.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm

Aye! And I usually think of that as a good thing. Kind of a mad scientist.
I was a little worried a few times in the last year, though. I was having some experiences, that are difficult to describe. Visions. I was really concerned I might be schizophrenic for about a month. And the visions were coming true.
Weird, weird stuff.

EyeDash
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2017, 10:24 pm

Quite frequently. Seldom a day goes by when I'm not faced with how differently I function mentally from other people. It's as if all that separates me from having all the non-autistic people screaming and pointing at me is a paper-thin veneer of imitating normal behavior. 8O

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm

Yep, I do. People don't tell me I'm not, though - probably because seriously believing I have the soul of a dragon is enough to make them think I am, and that's just scratching the surface :)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 9:52 am

I used to think I had brain damage when I was at secondary school, because the lessons weren't taught clearly enough for me so rather than blame them I thought I was just feeling very confused and having difficulty focussing. I also developed a problem following TV programmes, and I was aware that my short-term memory kept failing and impaired my capacity to think. A few years later I noticed that poor concentration was said to be a symptom of schizophrenia. I'd also seen a friend's behaviour after a "nervous breakdown," when he became very indecisive and didn't quite respond right to social greetings and attempts at conversation, and I saw myself in that behaviour, because I didn't seem to make quite the right responses either when I was with people, I felt like I was isolated in a bubble.

But I've never suspected myself of being delusional or a danger to self or others, it was purely a matter of whether my brain had a proper grip on things. I've always liked harmless eccentricity in people, so anything I did that seemed unusual, that was just my colourful character, which I figured was much more interesting and imaginative than just following convention.

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2017, 4:54 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
Had you ever felt like you are out of this world insane even though you were told you are completely sane?

I felt completely sane while I was and was told that I am out of this world insane.