Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:34 pm

At my current age, it comes to this. My grandmother also used to experience this many years ago. It usually involved inability to breathe.

My symptoms are racing heart, chest pain, numbness and tingling sensations, skin flushing, and a desire to leap out of my skin or jump out of a window and run as far away as possible.

I had my first anxiety attack during the summer. I mistook it for a heart attack or a mini stroke. It was a really bad one too. I kept telling my dad to call 911, but he insisted on calling mom and her phone kept going to voicemail. By the time she got home, it was over an hour and I felt like I was dying and no one was gonna save me in time. Since then, I've had several slips going no further than racing heart, chest pain, and flushing. I haven't told my personal doctor about this yet because she's been on maternity leave for months now. I have to keep taking my medication. It's the only thing that controls my anxiety better than I can alone. I do have anxiety disorder so that's making it even worse. I'm currently getting a new prescription filled meanwhile a new anxiety attack is slipping through the cracks left in between doses. I ran out of pills two days ago. I'm feeling better as I'm typing this. I just need to hear, see, or read that I'm not going to die. What I feel that is the feeling of dying isn't the real thing. I will live to see my 26th birthday and many more to come.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:11 am

I promise you are not dying. Anxiety attacks can really make it feel like you are, but they are completely harmless and really just an emotion. Believe me, I know how hard it can be to live like this, but you will get through it. Dying is completely different than what you describe. What you describe is anxiety, not a heart attack, stroke, or anything else your mind comes up with. You are welcome to join the OCD support thread if you would like! It isn't just for people with OCD, anyone can join and it can be a great distraction away from your worries. You'll find many people who experience the same type of thing there. You can do this! You are super strong for getting through the anxiety! Just remember, you will get through this! :D

Here is a link that I think will help (it is impossible to die from a panic attack): https://www.calmclinic.com/panic/attack ... s-kill-you

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine