Charlie Rose is also a sexual predator

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 2:26 am

CBS suspends Charlie Rose amid sexual misconduct allegations

Quote:
CBS News has suspended veteran journalist Charlie Rose after eight women accused him of sexual misconduct in interviews with The Washington Post. Three additional unnamed women came forward in a story published by Business Insider later on Monday.

Five women told The Washington Post that Rose, an anchor for "CBS This Morning," groped them; two said that he walked naked in front of them; and one accused Rose of firing her after he allegedly touched her inappropriately and made sexually charged remarks to her.

The newspaper reported that Rose's accusers either worked with or aspired to work with him on his PBS show, "Charlie Rose," from the late 1990s to 2011. At the time of the alleged incidents, the women ranged in age from 21 to 37, according to the newspaper.

Rose issued an apology to the Post and later, he shared it on Twitter.

“In my 45 years in journalism, I have prided myself on being an advocate for the careers of the women with whom I have worked,” he said in a statement to the newspaper. “Nevertheless, in the past few days, claims have been made about my behavior toward some former female colleagues.

“It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken," he continued. "I have learned a great deal as a result of these events, and I hope others will too. All of us, including me, are coming to a newer and deeper recognition of the pain caused by conduct in the past, and have come to a profound new respect for women and their lives.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 1:06 pm

CBS fired him. There are now 12 women making accusations.

All of these famous predators are definitely going to give people who believe that all men are born rapists and the "nice" men are predators inside who are just covering it up ammunition.

Mike Pence approach to dealing with women universally mocked is looking good right about now.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:39 am

Almost all the men who have been accused of "sexual misconduct" (or whatever) didn't surprise me, that they were like that----not David Letterman, Clinton, Cosby, Franken (he always gave me the willies since his comic days)..... None of them surprised me----cuz I could totally see them being total slime-balls----UNTIL now; and, I was totally surprised, and quite disappointed, really, when I heard this about Charlie. I always thought Charlie was a "good ol' boy" (he's from down-home, where my people are from), and a gentleman..... Bummer!

I mean, also, Charlie was a very respected journalist----like, the next generation Walter Conkrite, or whatever.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 10:06 am

Speaking of Walter Cronkite, I heard over the weekend, that Charlie had been given a Walter Cronkite award, that has now been rescinded. Such a shame, that Charlie did this.