Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 5:45 pm

I am often incorrectly labelled as a slow learner, when in actuality I just second guess myself a lot, and overthink my decisions to the point where I can be somewhat slow to react. My brain is fairly good at coming up with solutions quickly, but I usually doubt them, and consider other options before I choose to go through with a plan.

Unfortunately, this means that I can be overly indecisive.

It really depends on what it is that I'm learning. If it's say...a song...then it doesn't take me long at all, I know a lot of songs word for word, and often burst into song when I'm talking to my friends (they are used to it, lol :D).

One friend of mine calls me "an encyclopedia of songs", haha.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

...I have memory of a lot of songs too! :)

agon"]I am often incorrectly labelled as a slow learner, when in actuality I just second guess myself a lot, and overthink my decisions to the point where I can be somewhat slow to react. My brain is fairly good at coming up with solutions quickly, but I usually doubt them, and consider other options before I choose to go through with a plan.

Unfortunately, this means that I can be overly indecisive.

It really depends on what it is that I'm learning. If it's say...a song...then it doesn't take me long at all, I know a lot of songs word for word, and often burst into song when I'm talking to my friends (they are used to it, lol :D).

One friend of mine calls me "an encyclopedia of songs", haha.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I have memory of a lot of songs too! :)

That makes sense, considering the fact that the first thread I saw of yours was that "In response to the Kinsey post" thread, where you talked about a song which mentioned the Kinsey scale (well, in one version it didn't because of censoring, but of course you know that).

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2017, 9:05 pm

It depends, not on how much I enjoy the topic, but how immersed I can become in it. For example, learning history. In school, the textbook tends to take a very cursory look at a time period, a person, or an event. In this situation, I can't absorb any of it; it's too vague. But if I sit down with a thick volume entirely on one subject, I'll usually remember all of the main points along with most of the finer details. Even with subjects I love - like radio - the same holds true. I think it's because I'm an active reader, the kind that always looks for connections between the ideas I'm reading about, and in textbooks, the information is so shallow there's usually no loose ends to connect. So, without any way to actively participate, my mind can't pick up the pieces.