Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 7:27 pm

I believe you hurtloam. I wish I was qualified to give you helpful advice.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 2:57 am

hurtloam wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I don't often discuss my dating issues because I don't see them as anything that anyone other than myself can fix, if they can even be fixed at all. Part of the issue is, I'm not particularly girly, and most men are just not attracted to me, and the other part of the issue is, I'm not attracted to most men, and don't connect with them in a romantic way. This isn't for any deep, psychological reason. I believe it's just a manifestation of the fact that I have an autism spectrum disorder. I've had very few crushes in my life.

I think that my biggest issue is autism. I have met a few men that I've been interested in over the years, so the "get out there and meet more people" advice seems pointless to me. I have been meeting people and I consistently f**k things up. Even when the guy is interested in me I can't behave like how I'm meant to in a way that shows interest.

In my late teens and early 20s I tried flat out asking guys out, but learned that if you have to ask it's because they're not interested in the first place.

It's irritating that men don't think that women with autism have communication issues. We're just meant to put a pretty photo on a dating profile and voila you get a boyfriend, you get a boyfriend and you get a boyfriend.

I don't tell my stories to look for a fix as such. I know that my communication issues are the great big problem for me. I don't think anyone here can help me sort that out... well mostly because they don't see that as the issue. I'm a woman therefore I must just be fussy. There are no communication issues apparently and I'm "lying".

I just want someone to relate to. It seems the single women I know in real life are content on their own and even though I can get by on my own, I bought a house on my own, I don't need a man for material reasons, I'm looking for an emotional connection... but I feel like the single women I know view me as a nut job to who actually wants to put some effort into meeting someone or they feel like I'm not being enough like them by either accepting their fate and sharing it with them or they feel that my assertiveness in still looking is a criticism of them.

And then my married friends (ex-friends because they can't work out what to do with me) don't understand either because things worked easily for them and they had no problem attracting someone.

I feel very alone.

You are definitely not alone in how you feel. I related to all of that, strongly.