Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Awkward
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

Hi all. Today i realized that i care too much about almost everything. Let me explain this.

For example;

- I think about my embarrassing moments in the past. No matter when they happened, even if its happened years ago, it's still in my brain.
- I think about what other people think about me. Do they love me or hate me? I can think about this for hours!
- I know that people dont give a damn about each other. But unfortunately i do.

I want to get rid of this. I want to be relaxed, but some thoughts dont let. I also think i'm a hated person. Because im lonely. But im not sure. Sorry my english may be bad because i'm not a native english speaker.

Anyone experiencing my problems? Or can i actually get rid of my problems

BCTucker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2017, 10:26 am

I found guided meditations helped me work through some of these feelings. Your post is a good reminder for me to go back to doing them, because the feelings have been creeping in again lately. I used a podcast series called Pathway to Happiness, but you have to pay for it. I'm sure there are other free options out there!

Awkward
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Nov 2017, 1:32 pm

BCTucker wrote:
I found guided meditations helped me work through some of these feelings. Your post is a good reminder for me to go back to doing them, because the feelings have been creeping in again lately. I used a podcast series called Pathway to Happiness, but you have to pay for it. I'm sure there are other free options out there!

Thanks for the advice.

By the way it happens to me sometimes, not always. For example at the moment i dont give a f*** about nothing.

kahhh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Nov 2017, 5:02 am

I can relate, including to the part where it weirdly comes and goes sometimes.
Honestly, a few medications have helped me with this. Have you ever tried therapy?
I feel like the obvious answer would be working on raising your self esteem, but I know of course that's easier said than done and takes time.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 6:33 am

Overthinking things is a very common aspect of Autism. It's also very common with those of us affected by generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and I think it's a genuine desire for many Autistics to figure out the NT world. NTs and their intentions are a complete mystery to me. But then of course that thinking turns into overthinking and then anxiety sets in and then it turns into a big mess. At least for me.

Social situations will always confound me and most Autistics I'm sure so I think these thoughts are quite natural for people like us but I think it's important that you maintain control over your situation with therapy and other positive influences.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)