Last charity or organization you donated to?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 12:32 pm

Girl Scouts

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 1:04 pm

Hurricane Harvey relief

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 1:23 pm

I donated recently to the wounded warrior project. One of my friends on Facebook (who is a former serviceman) was having a fundraiser on his birthday.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 5:14 pm

For stuff: Goodwill.

For money: My college. I should probably send them more money soon.

I already braved holiday shopping and bought some cool toys to donate to Toys For Tots. I'm waiting for the angels to be on the tree at the mall so I can do Angel Tree again. I have some old dog stuff I keep meaning to bring by the local no-kill shelter, and some canned/boxed foods I keep meaning to bring by the local Food Bank.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 5:42 pm

Crisis: Crisis at Christmas

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 5:48 pm

I avoid donating to most charities (apart from thrift-store charities) because I might give $5 or $10 a year to a charity only to end up receiving weekly solicitations from those same charities for still more and more donations. They seem to not care or not know that, for many people, all the calendars, greeting cards and stickers aren't going to increase most donations. Meanwhile, I look at the costs involved with sending so many re-solicitations and think "the charities have spent many, many times more in their attempts to get more of my money than my meager donation was worth." Knowing this, I doubt seriously that a single penny of my donation went to help anybody but the charities' marketing departments.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 5:57 pm

I just bought the Care Package from Humble Bundle this morning, I almost forgot about it! 100% of the proceeds went to five different charities for some of the disasters we've been having recently.

Seems silly to boast about "Humble" Bundle, though... :oops:

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:00 pm

I donated to Greenpeace to help with their legal fees fighting the Adani Carmichael coal mine project. If Adani get the go ahead, they will carve a huge channel in the Barrier Reef for their ships. There will be ships entering and leaving every hour, round the clock. Every ship that arrives will dump ballast on the reef before being loaded. The reef needs protecting. The whole plan is stupid and the government need a slap for encouraging Adani. They do not own the reef :evil:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm

I almost never donate but I donated to hurricane relief a while back when we were checking out at WalMart cuz WalMart would double or triple match it. I also recently rounded my change up to the nearest dollar when checking out at Domino's cuz the money went to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. My girlfriend is supposed to pay me back for the cost of the pizzas & everything so it's not like I really donated. Before those places, the last organization I donated to was Emily's List & that was before the 2016 election.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 8:19 pm

International Wolf Center

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 8:29 pm

I believe the Poppy Appeal. I don't support war but it doesn't mean the people injured in it don't deserve care.

I may have donated to Children in Need without knowing though.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:24 pm

I think it was some toys and stuff I donated to Value Village.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 4:24 pm

I am a blood donor for the American Red Cross and donated blood last month in mid-October.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:37 am

An animal shelter. There was a dog and cat food drive but I didn’t have dog or cat food so I gave money instead.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I am a blood donor for the American Red Cross and donated blood last month in mid-October.

Donating blood is on my bucket list...I’m not a very healthy person though (habit-wise, I’m not sick) so I wouldn’t feel comfortable. Another motivator to eat well, sleep and drink water!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 4:22 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Donating blood is on my bucket list...I’m not a very healthy person though (habit-wise, I’m not sick) so I wouldn’t feel comfortable. Another motivator to eat well, sleep and drink water!

Start taking iron supplements if you have not done so already.