the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:27 pm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:06 pm

And as if dying weren't bad enough he now has to be spoken of in the same breath as, and have has his thread on Wrongplanet be right next to the thread of....Charles Manson!

Talk about insult added to injury!

Bad moment to kick the bucket.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:55 am

Another guy I grew up watching on TV has passed. Godspeed, good sir.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 9:56 pm

as a child I SO WANTED to BE HIM.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 11:13 pm

Another part of my childhood gone. I watched him on Partridge Family re-runs in the early 80s.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

And I recently saw him on the Dr. Phil show. I didn't know he had died. He was on stage talking and acted like he was normal so I figured his dementia was mild and it comes and goes because that is how it is when it's in the early stages and he had it under control with medication to slow it down.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 10:07 am

the dementia might also have had something to do with his failing liver and kidneys.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 10:59 am

auntblabby wrote:
the dementia might also have had something to do with his failing liver and kidneys.

That makes a whole lot of sense. When my dad was dying of renal failure, his last days left him in a state of dementia.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That makes a whole lot of sense. When my dad was dying of renal failure, his last days left him in a state of dementia.

being an alcoholic [he seems to have struggled with it] is hard on both organs. I wonder why he had to drink? if I was as gifted as he was, i'd wanna be stone cold sober every waking hour.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:53 am

Pretty much all of the musicians injested copious amounts of substances in the early 70’s. If you didn’t not only were you an outcast but you were suspected of being an undercover policeman(narc). The more stoned you appeared the more you were thought of as edgy and cool by the public. The Partridge Family were thought of as lightweight or “bubblegum” by “serious” rock fans. Cassidy started out as a blues rock musician and got caught up in the teen idol thing and was unhappy about it.

To rebal he posed nude and talked about his drug use for Rolling Stone magazine. Think Miley Cyrus’s antics of recent years trying to break away from Hannah Montana.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 6:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

being an alcoholic [he seems to have struggled with it] is hard on both organs. I wonder why he had to drink? if I was as gifted as he was, i'd wanna be stone cold sober every waking hour.

Substance abuse seems to be a common demon for many in the arts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Pretty much all of the musicians injested copious amounts of substances in the early 70’s. If you didn’t not only were you an outcast but you were suspected of being an undercover policeman(narc). The more stoned you appeared the more you were thought of as edgy and cool by the public. The Partridge Family were thought of as lightweight or “bubblegum” by “serious” rock fans. Cassidy started out as a blues rock musician and got caught up in the teen idol thing and was unhappy about it.

To rebal he posed nude and talked about his drug use for Rolling Stone magazine. Think Miley Cyrus’s antics of recent years trying to break away from Hannah Montana.

Or how Justin Bieber had acted like a total a$$hole and got all those tattoos just so he could remind people he wasn't really a twelve year old boy, even though he still looks like one.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 6:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

like Seneca said [I think he said it :? ], "there is no greatness untinctured by madness."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 8:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

like Seneca said [I think he said it :? ], "there is no greatness untinctured by madness."

As Seneca had tried to advise Nero on being a good ruler, he saw that madness up close.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 8:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

As Seneca had tried to advise Nero on being a good ruler, he saw that madness up close.

we need another Seneca for our present-day Nero. anyways, I think David left when the leavin' was good.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:50 pm

...Cassidy was reputed to have a really big dong, by the way. Muscle of love. Wang
wang. Liam Neilson (Sp??) and Milton Berle, too, by the way.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!