Do you have a problem with violent dogs where you live?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dogs where you live
Are always/almost always on a leash 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Many dogs are unsupervised, but only the friendly ones 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Dogs are unsupervised, and every once in a while you can run into a dangerous unsupervised dog 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

crazy cats lady
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Nov 2017, 3:05 am

Around here, you see more unsupervised dogs than dogs on a leash. Most are friendly, but some are violent. People know their dog is dangerous and let it run around wild. I've been attacked twice - without provocation!

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs, friendly dogs, that is.

What's it like where you live?

The ultimate blog for cats lovers about the huge colonies of feral cats roaming the streets of Tel-Aviv. Feral cats videos, feline humor that'll make you laugh your whiskers off, and cats psychology like what cats dream about. Meet Amiga and Chocolate-Paws in my blog.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Nov 2017, 3:32 am

I live in the city & all the dogs I see are on a leash or in a fence. It's extremely easy for an unsupervised dog to get killed by a vehicle since there's barely any space between the houses, the sidewalk, & the road.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 11:22 am

There aren't really any dog problems here and when there are it's usually because the owners haven't trained them properly and are letting the dog take charge... there should be some kind of test to see if a person is qualified to get a dog or not before they can get one. It would benefit the dogs, too.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

In and around the towns it's very rarely a problem here. When walking in the countryside, more so. Quite a few farms have unsupervised dogs running around the farmyards that can seem very fierce, though I've never actually been attacked (how a well trained guard dog should be, I suppose.) I think in a few cases this is done on purpose in order to discourage hikers from using public footpaths that cross the landowner's fields (a "public footpath" is a legal right of way in the UK.)