Multiple assults on Autistics by Fairfax,Va school employees

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 2:52 am

Third Fairfax Co. schools employee accused of assaulting another student with autism

Quote:
A third Fairfax County Public Schools employee is now facing charges after he was found to have assaulted a child with autism during two different instances on the way to school.

This comes less than a week after two other Fairfax County Public Schools employees were accused of assaulting a different student with autism on a school bus.

Detectives say a supervisor reviewed surveillance footage from the bus and noted two encounters between the boy and bus aide, one on October 10 and the other on October 19, both around 7:50 a.m.

Lee now faces charges of assault and battery after turning himself in Tuesday afternoon, according to police.

Earlier this week, two other Fairfax County Public Schools employees, 62-year-old James Duffy, III, who works as a school bus driver, and 35-year-old Edmund Bailey, a bus aid, were accused of assaulting an 11-year-old boy with autism and face charges of assault and battery.

Police say, however, the two incidents are not related.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman