Page 1 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 12:33 pm

I rarely wear makeup. I don't like the way it makes my face feel.

Sofisol612
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

I do, but very little. I just have to wear it to hide my acne, which my mother hates. I also wear pink lipstick because I like it very much. However, I never wear any make-up around my eyes or in my eyelashes unless I have an important party such as a wedding in the family. I hate it because it makes me uncomfortable and I can’t rub my eyes if they itch or something.

Autism Quotient: 30
Aspie quiz: 123/200 aspie; 75/200 NT
RAADS: 135

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

I wear some lipstick but rarely. I actually bought a new one today. The make-up I use must be really good quality and not sticky or perfumed.

Miss_Skitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Nov 2017, 7:52 pm

I do most days :) I still get spots so I like wearing foundation/BB cream. I’m quite picky with brands though as they have to be suitable for oily skin and feel good on my face - the wrong foundation or sticky mascara can be so uncomfortable :?

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 11:29 am

I only wear make-up on special occasions or randomly when I feel like it.

Goldenhawk

02 Dec 2017, 6:00 pm

I can count the number of times I've worn makeup on one hand. Twice, when required to for school plays. Once for my wedding, and once for a special occasion photo shoot. I find it incredibly itchy, even the stuff that's supposed to be for sensitive skin, and it makes me want to claw my face off. So I avoid it as much as I can.

planet me
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2017, 3:45 am

I wear it ONLY when I feel like it. I am often in a hurry on my way to work. I only put eyeliner on the top lash line now days. I love to contour with a darker shade of foundation or B.B cream on my jaw line. If I wear makeup I will wash it off on my lunch break and put on night cream or B.B cream. I hate smeared mascara and makeup settling into my fine lines. Ugh! I had a young male co worker notice me "all dolled up" and he said I should do it more often. I put him in his place and said "I am over the age of 30 and makeup gets in the way of skin care." He was like "Oh OK".

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 4:13 am

No.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 7:10 am

I do, but nowhere near to the extent I'd go to in my teens. I'm extremely self conscious about perceived observation outside so feel makeup can help ease my anxiety, even though this of itself grates, as it is a crutch of sorts.
Recently went vegan, and am in the long process of identifying all my animal by-product items... Now is the time, if ever, for me to go makeup-free as I intend to give my sister, a makeup obsessive, all of mine as it has to go!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Dec 2017, 6:06 pm

I wear it a lot more now that I know how to make it look nice. :P

auxetoiless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Dec 2017, 1:30 am

I wear it for work (because, sadly, in most industries you do get taken more seriously if you make at least a small effort). Didn't start till I was 27, because it was kind of annoying and uncomfortable, but then I moved to Japan and in order to not stand out like a sore thumb, I sort of adapted my dress and grooming to Japanese standards. It just became a habit after that, but I do look forward to weekends when I can go makeup free.

Low-coverage foundation, bit of blush, light eyeliner on the upper lids, a single coat of mascara, and brow powder (because autoimmune disease made random patches of brow fall out, so I have weird, wonky brows naturally). Never the full face of caked on stuff like I see some women in (surely that must be uncomfortable...?), but pretty normal by Australian standards. On the upside, wearing makeup has mostly cured me of the nervous habit of rubbing at my face all the time.

Celifrog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2017, 7:54 am

Only for about a year in middle school then, stopped wearing it permanently. :)

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:07 am

I will sometimes use eye-liner when I go to a party or something, but only then.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:08 am

If I'm going out anywhere, I'll wear liquid foundation to hide all the redness I have, especially on my chin. It doesn't hide freckles very well though.

I also wear chapstick that has a slight pink tint and I reapply that a few times a day as my lips get dry very easily.

I don't bother with eye makeup as I wear blue tinted glasses that are kind of dark.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm

Always at least eye makeup

I’m really good at makeup and it’s one of my ‘special interests’ so you can imagine...

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 11:16 pm

Goldenhawk wrote:
it makes me want to claw my face off.

Pretty much sums it up.