Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 9:30 pm

A lot of Aspie women are hyper-sensitive to clothing but I have the opposite problem.

BCTucker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2017, 7:47 am

I've certainly had my share of issues with hypersensitivity to clothes. I'm having a hard time imagining how it would feel to be hyposensitive to them. What's it like?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 12:28 pm

I have really bad tactile sensory issues, and I don't really know if I am hyper or hypo sensitive to clothes. I only wear jeans and other materials that are tighter and provide that sort of pressure? I need. I hate certain materials, so I only have a select few shirts I can actually wear. I also really like polo shirts because having the pressure around my neck calms me for some reason. I hate turtlenecks, though.

Other tactile issues I experience include hating hugs/kisses/light touch, being a tactile sensory seeker, not being able to touch certain things or materials, and refusing to touch lotion, sunscreen, etc. because of the feeling.

To be honest, I might be both hypo and hyper sensitive to tactile input! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 2:10 am

BCTucker wrote:
I've certainly had my share of issues with hypersensitivity to clothes. I'm having a hard time imagining how it would feel to be hyposensitive to them. What's it like?

You have no problem wearing tight jeans or sleeping in daytime clothes.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 4:09 pm

I can see how being hyposensitive to clothing could be a problem, especially if you don’t notice that your clothes are causing a rash on your skin or digging too tightly into your body. I have friends who have no idea how to dress for different seasons and end up overheating or getting really cold without realising it. That and some people forget to change their clothes because it simply doesn’t occur to them that their clothes are getting dirty or sweaty, which can be bad for personal hygiene.

I’m more hypersensitive when it comes to tactile sensation so I’m curious to know what people do to work around those issues. Like, do you have to set alarms to remember to change your clothes?