Why do anime artists think there are only two boob types?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2017, 11:35 pm

Tiny tear-drop shaped boobs, and giant balloon boobs. Does anybody draw anime girls with normal looking but attractive boobs anymore?

Now that I think about it. Why do anime artists take anatomy proportions seriously if they are just going to draw some poorly drawn boobs over it?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 3:42 am

Most of the time it's not their fault since they tend to copy the way it is in the manga... and the female characters often have more normal looking bodies if the original artist is a woman.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:13 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Most of the time it's not their fault since they tend to copy the way it is in the manga... and the female characters often have more normal looking bodies if the original artist is a woman.

^ I think realistic bodies are usually much better in anime than exaggerated bodies, because it makes me feel much more comfortable than having to see a unrealistic body proportion and having to kinda cringe. Plus I don't like the sexualization either.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on November 27, 2017)

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 10:25 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 3:22 am

It's almost like those with no experience with real breasts aren't very familiar with what they actually look like... :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 5:38 pm

"normal" breasts are harder to draw, in a lot of ways.
with normal, you can see if they're drawn poorly.

if you draw a caricature of something, you can't as easily tell if it's drawn incorrectly, well, it sort of has to be wrong to be right for charicature.

there's only one realistic, but infinte ways of stylized.
also: a lot of anime today is following fery specific drawing styles, i.e., artist copy the style, not "reality".
it's easier to learn a style. -> less education ->cheaper.

also: if it sold in the past, it'll sell again.
also: a code, which tells the audience: this new anime has the same qualities as the old one, so if you liked that, you'll like this one, too.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm

It depends on the anime and its genre.
Shoujo series (aimed at girls) are far less likely to have female characters with a massive bust than shounen series (aimed at lads). If a woman does have a large bust in a shoujo work, there doesn't seem to be as much attention drawn to it as there would in a comedy shounen work.

A lot of the time, mangaka and anime artists draw characters with humongous, Super Sonico-like boobs for fanservice reasons, hence why the trope is particularly popular in ecchi series and other series aimed at guys who like girls. However, in many series, it's not always the case where girls either have no bust or a huge bust.

One example is a franchise I'm into (Love Live) where the breast size among the girls varies a bit. Most of the girls have noticeable but average-looking breasts, while some are more well-endowed, and some have a smaller chest.