What sensations do you hate that others don't mind?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2017, 9:24 pm

When I'm eating food in a bowl with a spoon, I hate touching the bottom of the bowl with the spoon. Oftentimes, a small portion of the food doesn't get eaten as a result, which makes my dad angry.

There are other examples of course, but they're difficult for me to explain. Whenever something of this nature happens to me, or even when someone near me does one, I get a horrible tingly feeling throughout my whole body; almost like a chill. Does anyone else experience this?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:42 pm

I hate being licked by a dog.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:46 pm

I feel uncomfortable in clothes if the sweater is not a V-neck, or if a detail on the shirt is peeking over the top of the sweater. I don't know why - maybe because I feel I have to keep adjusting it? I also am grossed out by things like bubbles in milk or the strings on a banana.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

coalminer wrote:
There are other examples of course, but they're difficult for me to explain. Whenever something of this nature happens to me, or even when someone near me does one, I get a horrible tingly feeling throughout my whole body; almost like a chill. Does anyone else experience this?

A psychologist told me that the tingly, almost electrical feeling is our body's reaction to feeling "exposed" to stimuli we can't process. She recommended something to make me feel more anchored in time and space like a weighted blanket or vest. I find it works very well.

As far as sensations others can handle that I can't, the top of my list is soft kisses. My wife is used to it now. I recoil from her if she doesn't kiss me firmly enough!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 12:03 am

I can't handle having a shower, so I don't often have one.
The sensation of water running down my body is creepy.

Oddly, I like those cold showers at the beach that almost blast your skin off. :?

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2017, 1:29 am

Can't hold the wooden stick of a ice cream lolly. Didn't realize that was weird until my boyfriend asked me why I always wrap the plastic bag around it.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 7:07 am

Texture of some clothes, especially wet wool. It's the feeling of something grinding under my touch.
It gives me thrills the same kind as fingernails on blackboard sound does.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Nov 2017, 7:49 am

I don't like the feeling of kissing on the mouth. I HATE being tickled. I also dislike shirts that aren't vNeck because I feel like I'm being choked but this may be PTSD related but not sure.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

I love taking a shower, but having water drip down my back when I am dressed is a nightmare for me. I absolutely HATE IT. :x

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on November 28, 2017)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 8:43 am

Anything knitted, like a sweater or even hats and mittens.

Longs sleeves. I don't even wear long sleeved shirts in the winter anymore. Of course I still wear coats and jackets with sleeves, even I'm not that crazy when i go out on a winter's day. But when I'm indoors, forget it.

When I wear a necklace or bracelet the way it rubs against my skin is unnerving, especially when it's a metal chain. That cold, icy feel of metal.

This past Christmas my dad gave me a necklace that says "daddy's girl". It was a really sweet gift, but I felt like asking him, "Dad, how often do you ever *see* me wearing jewelry?" I might wear it when I go home on his birthday next month though, if I remember to. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 9:03 am

Bathroom blow dryers too loud

Sometimes it appears that too many precious lil "people", talking too much, at standard decibels, gives me a headache

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

Tickling is torture. I can't stand the feel of velour sweaters and turtlenecks choke me.

I can't stand the sound of certain voices, and verbal fillers ("um," "uh," "you know" and "like") drive me nuts.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 4:14 pm

I don't like it when people talk with there hands a lot, it's like I can feel the movements, it really churns me up inside. Same goes for cutlery or pointy things like pens, I just don't like that type of thing waved around in my direction, or my energy feels all stirred and sliced around. I've not met other people who have this problem.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 4:27 pm

wet hair.

dry it off with a towel and smother it in a beanie soon afterwards.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 8:01 pm

Rubbing the palm of my hand on certain surfaces, particularly carpet. Just makes me go all cold down my back. I don't know if others feel the same or not, as I haven't asked.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm

I absolutely cannot stand the feel of a nail file. I also really dislike clapping.