Page 7 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 10:26 am

Cornell University Fraternity on Probation for 'Pig Roast' Sex Competition

Quote:
The Zeta Beta Tau fraternity chapter at Cornell University has been disciplined after holding a sex contest called a “pig roast,” referencing the weight of the women the brothers slept with.

Following an investigation last year by university officials that concluded in January 2018, the chapter was put on probation for two years. Cornell began investigating the fraternity after the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life received multiple reports of misconduct at Zeta Beta Tau in 2017, a university report said.

According to the report, new members could earn “points” by having sex with women in a contest called a “pig roast.” Fraternity members were told not to inform the women they had sex with about the contest. Ties in the contest were broken with extra points awarded to the person who had sex with a woman who weighed the most.

A university spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment. In addition to a two year probationary period, Zeta Beta Tau is now required to conduct a chapter brotherhood review as well as an external review from its national organization by March 31. The fraternity will also have to hire a live-in advisor and participate in a bystander education program.

In a statement posted to the chapter’s Facebook page on Saturday, the fraternity said it was informed of the allegations of misconduct in December. Fraternity brothers were not aware of, nor did they sanction the “pig roast” contest, the statement read.

“We, too, are in disbelief and even more so that these alleged actions may have been taken by those whom we called brothers,” the statement read. “As a result, we are looking inward to ensure this type of behavior never occurs by anyone connected with ZBT, or the campus community as a whole, on our watch.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Cornell University Fraternity on Probation for 'Pig Roast' Sex Competition
Quote:
The Zeta Beta Tau fraternity chapter at Cornell University has been disciplined after holding a sex contest called a “pig roast,” referencing the weight of the women the brothers slept with.

Following an investigation last year by university officials that concluded in January 2018, the chapter was put on probation for two years. Cornell began investigating the fraternity after the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life received multiple reports of misconduct at Zeta Beta Tau in 2017, a university report said.

According to the report, new members could earn “points” by having sex with women in a contest called a “pig roast.” Fraternity members were told not to inform the women they had sex with about the contest. Ties in the contest were broken with extra points awarded to the person who had sex with a woman who weighed the most.

A university spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment. In addition to a two year probationary period, Zeta Beta Tau is now required to conduct a chapter brotherhood review as well as an external review from its national organization by March 31. The fraternity will also have to hire a live-in advisor and participate in a bystander education program.

In a statement posted to the chapter’s Facebook page on Saturday, the fraternity said it was informed of the allegations of misconduct in December. Fraternity brothers were not aware of, nor did they sanction the “pig roast” contest, the statement read.

“We, too, are in disbelief and even more so that these alleged actions may have been taken by those whom we called brothers,” the statement read. “As a result, we are looking inward to ensure this type of behavior never occurs by anyone connected with ZBT, or the campus community as a whole, on our watch.

I always hated frats.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

Scott Baio costar backs Nicole Eggert, accuses him of abusive behavior

Quote:

Actor Alexander Polinsky filed a police report along with sitcom-sister Nicole Eggert earlier this week, alleging he had witnessed inappropriate sexual behavior toward her by “Charles in Charge” actor Scott Baio and had himself suffered verbal and physical abuse from the sitcom star.

Polinsky’s statement was read aloud Wednesday on “The Talk” by friend and panelist Sara Gilbert during Eggert’s appearance on that show — one in a series of TV appearances by the actress since Jan. 27, when she cryptically tweeted that Baio had mistreated her in his garage when she was a minor.

“I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set,” Polinsky alleged in his statement.

“Nicole was on Scott's lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs,” Polinsky added. “Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse, and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio.”

The Los Angeles Police Department said Wednesday that it is investigating Eggert’s Tuesday report of sexual misconduct that allegedly occurred nearly 30 years ago.

Now represented by Lisa Bloom, Eggert says “at least 10 people” have come forward to make statements about what they observed on set.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 6:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Scott Baio costar backs Nicole Eggert, accuses him of abusive behavior
Quote:

Actor Alexander Polinsky filed a police report along with sitcom-sister Nicole Eggert earlier this week, alleging he had witnessed inappropriate sexual behavior toward her by “Charles in Charge” actor Scott Baio and had himself suffered verbal and physical abuse from the sitcom star.

Polinsky’s statement was read aloud Wednesday on “The Talk” by friend and panelist Sara Gilbert during Eggert’s appearance on that show — one in a series of TV appearances by the actress since Jan. 27, when she cryptically tweeted that Baio had mistreated her in his garage when she was a minor.

“I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set,” Polinsky alleged in his statement.

“Nicole was on Scott's lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs,” Polinsky added. “Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse, and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio.”

The Los Angeles Police Department said Wednesday that it is investigating Eggert’s Tuesday report of sexual misconduct that allegedly occurred nearly 30 years ago.

Now represented by Lisa Bloom, Eggert says “at least 10 people” have come forward to make statements about what they observed on set.

Charles in Charge has more in common with Trump than we thought!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 2:54 am

Trump speechwriter resigns after abuse allegations

Quote:
A second White House staffer has departed the Trump administration in the wake of abuse allegations.
Spokesman Raj Shah confirmed speechwriter David Sorensen resigned Friday after the White House learned of the allegations against him.

Shah said Sorensen denied the allegations, which were first reported by the Washington Post.
The Post said Sorensen's ex-wife claimed he was violent and emotionally abusive during their short-lived marriage.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 5:14 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump speechwriter resigns after abuse allegations
Quote:
A second White House staffer has departed the Trump administration in the wake of abuse allegations.
Spokesman Raj Shah confirmed speechwriter David Sorensen resigned Friday after the White House learned of the allegations against him.

Shah said Sorensen denied the allegations, which were first reported by the Washington Post.
The Post said Sorensen's ex-wife claimed he was violent and emotionally abusive during their short-lived marriage.

Not unexpected when the boss - in this case the POTUS - is himself a misogynist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:25 pm

I am wondering if he is capable of hiring a decent human being instead of a sociopath?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 11:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I am wondering if he is capable of hiring a decent human being instead of a sociopath?

I think that can be best answered with the old adage: birds of a feather flock together.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm

and sociopaths are constantly grading themselves relative to other sociopaths, for example he thought that his veep was "low-class" just because he had pets in the house. what kinda CREEP hates pets?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 12:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
and sociopaths are constantly grading themselves relative to other sociopaths, for example he thought that his veep was "low-class" just because he had pets in the house. what kinda CREEP hates pets?

I suppose a phony billionaire whose home is gaudily painted gold.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 12:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I bet he has a gold toilet as well.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 12:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Y'know, I think he does! :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Y'know, I think he does! :wink:

the fact that he would soil something so precious tells me he has no respect for anything.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:16 pm

Steven Cohen’s Investment Firm Accused of Hostility to Women

Quote:
A female executive at the investment firm run by Steven A. Cohen, the billionaire investor, said in a lawsuit that the company was a testosterone-fueled “boys’ club” in which men commented on women’s bodies, belittled their abilities and paid them less than their male peers.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court Monday by a current employee of Mr. Cohen’s Point72 Asset Management, describes a toxic working environment for women. Those with years of experience were often referred to as “girls” or “sweethearts.” Some were excluded from meetings that were deemed for men only, the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit offers a rare glimpse inside the $11 billion firm, which is run by one of Wall Street’s most fabled traders and is a huge source of business across the banking industry. Mr. Cohen, who is in the midst of trying to repair his tarnished public image and raise money from investors, is not accused of inappropriate behavior in the lawsuit.

In a statement on Monday, Point72 said, “The firm emphatically denies these allegations and will defend itself in a more appropriate venue than the media.”

It added: “We stand by our record of hiring and developing women. In an industry where women are historically underrepresented, the hundreds of women at Point72 are vital members of every part of our organization.”

Mr. Cohen’s former firm, SAC Capital Advisors, shut down in early 2014 after it pleaded guilty in an insider trading investigation.

Mr. Cohen wasn’t charged by the authorities. But he agreed to a two-year ban from the securities industry for failing to properly supervise some of his staff. He created Point72, which currently has more than 1,000 employees, to manage his personal fortune.

The ban from the securities industry expired at the end of last year. Mr. Cohen, 61, is preparing to relaunch Point72 as a hedge fund that will manage money for outside investors.

Point72, women make up fewer than 3 percent of the managing directors, according to the discrimination lawsuit, which was brought on behalf of Lauren Bonner, an associate director. Of the firm’s 125 portfolio managers — top traders who decide which stocks to buy and sell — one is a woman. There are no women on the firm’s hiring or executive committee.

For several weeks last year, a whiteboard in the office of a top executive had the word “p****” written on it, leaving the firm’s few senior women feeling uneasy, according to the lawsuit. A person who worked at the firm confirmed the incident.

Many of the allegations in the complaint could not be independently verified. But four people who worked at the firm, and who declined to be identified for fear of retribution, said Point72 could be a difficult work environment for women. They said, for example, that male colleagues regularly made comments on women’s physical appearances.

“This lawsuit proves that #MeToo is just getting started, and Wall Street will not be spared,” one of Ms. Bonner’s lawyers, Jeanne M. Christensen, said.

Such lawsuits are rare on Wall Street because, women say, there is little to gain by challenging employers and they risk tarnishing their reputations and upending their careers.

It is even more uncommon for a current employee of a firm to file such a complaint.

Her suit contends that she was passed over for several promotions, with jobs going to less experienced men who joined Point72 after she began working there in July 2016. This year, she is slated to earn a base salary of $300,000 with a potential bonus of $225,000. The lawsuit alleges that similarly situated men earn at least twice as much.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified monetary damages and an injunction against Point72’s violating state anti-discrimination laws.

Mr. Haynes is named as a defendant. The lawsuit said he had once ridiculed a female executive as a “dumb blond.” The whiteboard mentioned in the suit was in Mr. Haynes’s office.

And the suit quoted Mr. O’Connor as having said to colleagues that “the reality is that this is just a really tough place for women, and that’s not going to change.”

Mr. Haynes and Mr. O’Connor didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Ms. Bonner also said that a supervisor belittled her and that she had complained to the head of human resources. Nothing happened: The supervisor remained on a powerful internal committee that decides which employees get promotions, the suit said.

The lawsuit also accused Mark Herr, the firm’s head of corporate communications, of making degrading comments about women. He didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

In one example of the firm’s allegedly inhospitable culture, the lawsuit described a women’s leadership forum that Mr. Cohen hosted in October 2016 at his 35,000-square-foot mansion in Greenwich, Conn. One of the main speakers was a psychiatrist and Fox News contributor who, according to the lawsuit, described Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, as “an accomplished man’s wife.”

A person who attended the event confirmed that account.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:53 pm

it seems bad men can only be persuaded when it gets them where it hurts.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 6:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it seems bad men can only be persuaded when it gets them where it hurts.

Does the name Lorena Bobbit ring a bell?