Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Empathy wrote:
what I can eyewitness from the documents, and perhaps slavery was the norm back then but I still feel ashamed of this chapter in history. The film, 12 Years a Slave echoes the 13 colonies in which we live and breathe.

Everybody in the south was treating them badly, its just historically swept under the carpet. If you feel guilty then how come every one else in the south still swells with pride at the sight of the dixie flag ?

It could be because we (the British), abolished slavery and didn't revolutionise it into another chapter in history.
I support the plight of that long long ancestor, she wasn't naïve nor wanted to remain trapped in poverty.
Status and money isn't everything in life, its surviving the outcome out of a good deed that's been done and attributed to make living a decent way of life possible. My generation don't see it but we have the gift of foresight, and the bittersweet irony of a nostalgic hell raising past. We forage it with mixed results and mixed caution.

I think Britain handled the abolition well, the US continued the legacy of slavery

^^Try telling some of them that.. they support their own legacy. Even when problems in the Deep South and salty waters of Tennessee continue, maybe that unfortunate Gold Rush bought my however times removed pathetic ancestor the respect he needed.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:
For the first time, it’s been socially acceptable to say and do non-patriotic words and actions. I think it’s going a little too far. Even if our government is bad right now, there’s still hope for the country. We can’t blame the government for all of our problems—good and bad attitudes and behavior can spread like wildfire, so we’re responsible as citizens to be good people and improve our country. And Trump won’t be president forever!

There is no hope. The United States today is the most pathetic excuse of a country since Nazi Germany, bar none. If there was any good in the world, this country would be nuked into the ground. It's beyond saving. From police death squads murdering unarmed citizens in cold blood to armed homicidal maniacs mass murdering whom ever they feel like, the country will continue in a downward spiral of violence and anarchy. If you have any opportunity, get out now while you can. It's only going to get worse.

What country would you currently consider to be ideal?

Anything except the US, North Korea, Somalia, and maybe a couple of others.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 7:55 pm

Yeah, I still support America. There is a lot of freedom here. It's sometimes hard to get the help you want and/or need, but no society's perfect. I've been homeless for years but I'm still alive and kicking. Things could be much worse than living in a car.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 8:12 pm

I hope the cops don't bother you too much.

I've been thinking about how I can live out of my car, too.

Sometimes, my wife makes me feel like I want to leave her.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Uh Oh
I would suggest that you discuss your marital problems in one of the adult sections or the members only section.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 3:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope the cops don't bother you too much.

There used to be a retired engineer in Houston about 20 or 25 years ago who lived in his car in an alley. He had plenty of money to live in a nice house, but for some reason he preferred living in his car.

To pass his time he would scrounge bicycles, fix them up, and give them away to charities to give to kids.