Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rochellegivens1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2017, 3:30 pm

When I say something, people act like what I say doesn’t matter at all. They act annoyed as if they don’t want to bothered with. But then when they want to say something to me, they want me to listen and do what they say. Even my parents and sister do this. This leaves me sad and disappointed to where I wish I feel unwanted and worthless. I’m really quiet and don’t talk much, but how do I become even more quiet? Practically silent.

frogfireFantasy
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2017, 3:44 pm

You shouldn't be the one going silent! They should be! Not listening to you and expecting you to listen to them back is just hypocritical and mean! You should get to say whatever you want to say, as long as it's not hurtful or illegal!! ! I know I can't really do anything about your situation, but I'd like you to know that I think you're super, and deserve all the love and attention in the world!! ! And if others don't see that, well, they're just cuckoo!! !! Do whatever you want to do, and don't let anyone's disapproval or eye rolls tell you otherwise!! !! !! ! :heart:

modaldragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2018, 11:32 am

Awww I get that this is quite late response, but honestly don't worry! I tried going silent once and it didn't go very well... I think the best way forward is to have a calm rational discussion with your family. Say something like:
"Are you busy right now? Because I'd like to talk to you about something that's worrying me"
(wait for response)
"I feel like I'm not being listened to... [insert specific examples]. I understand that it might be that I'm misunderstanding things, in which case please explain, but could we try to find a mutual agreement about this that makes us all feel listened to?"