If I pray to God for Don Trump and Kim Jong-un to be killed

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

This means God is a mind reader. I have walked away from God for years. Tried to return multiple times, but didn't bring myself back to it. I think this life and physical universe is a cruel joke or mistake for these points:

• God's ways are supposed to be incomprehensible to us human beings
  • So it seems like God has trust issues with his creations
  • And seems like he's a narcissist, as awful or blasphemous as people think it is
  • God only enjoys his will over ours, even though we are his creation
  • >-(...

There are many problems I have with this God, but people are too stuck in doctrine obedience of him to look as to how other people may be suffering and hurting so much.

Why should I worship him? I already know that he doesn't care about what happens down here. Kim Jong Un still has his free will to kill millions of people at any time and nobody will stop him, even God. Besides, all he wants for himself is for all of us to be in HIS kingdom, despite not having consent from us. The only alternative is Hell. Our/my entire existence of consciousness seems like a trick or illusion.

:roll:

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 8:33 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
  • God's ways are supposed to be incomprehensible to us human beings
  • >-(...

It always bothers me how preachers seem to think that God is entirely comprehensible by them to justify whatever position they want to take.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 11:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Probably better to ask God to either bring them to their senses, or remove them from power. More keeping with Christian morality and such.

This (the first response to the OP) is still the best response so far IMHO.

The thread shoulda stopped right here.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm

I don't know about your religion, but in Catholicism, you're not allowed to condemn people. By wishing death on someone you disregard their human value, and since that value comes from the fact that they are made in God's image, it is an irreverence to God Himself. If you really want the Christian perspective on the fate of wicked versus good, just read the Book of Job in its entirety. Or all of the wisdom books, if you're inclined.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:09 am

Yes. Praying for someone "to die like a pig in hell because I hate them" is one thing.

Praying out of hatred/revenge seems extremely un Christian to me.

But praying out of concern, or even out of fear, is something else (OMG! There is furry wombat at the cockpit our airliner of state! Please God bring the wombat down with a tranquilizer dart so a human pilot can takeover before we all die!).

That would be perfectly legit to pray for IMHO.