Constant reminder of my loneliness

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

random_user
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2017, 10:51 pm

Everyday I come back to my dorm room I have to listen to my roommate and his girlfriend talking to each other. At first I really didn't care but now I am starting to hate this daily routine since I have never had a girlfriend, or any kind of meaningful friendship period. It's a constant reminder of something which I will never have. Other reminders include the garbage bag full of used condoms under his bed and the huge bottle of lube, both of which are mysteriously just in sight. My roommate and I don't talk much and in fact I have never seen him talk to any other person except for his girlfriend. I just hate the fact that this as*hole has a girlfriend. He never leaves the room and they have sex every f***ing day. And it's esspecially annoying when they complain about me being in the room to much even though I am gone from 7AM to 6PM.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or thoughts?

schuplanet
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2017, 11:55 am

i had my first girlfriend when i was 20. i had had a lot of broken hearts bevor but she was the first one i was ever with. And i wasn#t really happy, to be honest. what i learned is: it can be better to feel lonley alone than to feel lonely with the wrong Person...

and if you are Feeling lonely, then i can only quot stupid advice ive been given. "just talk to someone". the supprising Thing is, that you never know when someone might just talk back, and in a good way. Stupid Advice 1 works because of Stupid Advice 2: everyone is lonely and nervous sometimes. you'd be supprised at how many People are acctually releaved that someone dared to speak with them, because theyd never have dared to speak to someone themselves!
of Course, not everyone will want to be friends with you at once, but you never know who would until you try. i wont pretend to be Ultra popular and socially busy but i do have made a lot of friends by taking the first step and not being devastated by a "yeah. get lost"

hope that helped a bit...

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm

I know of the 'roommate' that you speak of: he is probably the guy that will go through a bitter divorce in his late 20s or early 30s. Trust me I have met my fair share of them in my circles: I am probably one of the few who isn't at risk for divorce. I bet two years from now they won't even be speaking to each other.

Trust me I know how much it sucks but it is better to be single now that getting a crazy GF pregnant. Seen many examples of the disaster that follows that too.

random_user
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2017, 11:11 pm

I have know from a fairly early age that I would never be able to have a girlfriend. I was nine years old when I realized this. I just wish I could dum myself down enough to interact with normal people. I just can't do it. For me conversations between people seem meaningless and a waste of time, but I can't help wanting to be them. I just want to be wanted. My problem is that I can't find someone who wants to be with me. And it's not because I look bad, I actually am in very good shape and my overall appearance is above average. For me, I would rather be in a relationship then be that weird loner who has never been in one.

schuplanet
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2018, 4:27 am

since i dont know much about your social life id first try and find some "just friends" People, before starting the quest for a girlfriend. once you have started making (more) friends, youll start learning all Kinds of social skills. maybe your friends will even be able to introduce you to a nice Girl...