any Pokemon fans (Anime and Games)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

teresa_mayhem_downing_street
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2017, 7:19 pm

hi!

just a shout out if there are any old school and new school pokemon fans out there!

it would be nice to meet some, thanks

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 11:53 pm

I've always liked Pokemon alot... the originals hit the states back when I was in high school. I still remember hearing everything about it, and then being super excited about it's release. And the games themselves, once I got them, absolutely did not disappoint me. Granted, the originals had ALOT of problems... but for first entries in a big series, they were still really good.

And I love just how much depth these games have always had, too... while at the same time being quite accessible to new players. I've also always liked that the series applies to all ages. Hell, everyone I know is pretty much the same age as I am... and they're all still into it.

These days, I havent played them all that much. It's not a lack of interest: It's a much stupider problem. They're on the 3DS, yeah? Well, it's very hard for me to constantly crane my neck down at the bloody thing all the time to play them. Which has been really frustrating. I still like the series as much as I always did, but... uuuugh. I tell you, having nerve/tendon issues is NOT fun. It's not just Pokemon... I really can barely use the 3DS much at all.

...Also Nintendo is REALLY bad at making comfortable-to-hold controls. The only reason I even have a 3DS at all is because I have one of the older models, specifically one of the bigger ones. The newer ones are... too small. Just gets my hands cramped, as if the bigger one didnt do that enough. I have the same issue with the Switch's handheld mode, so I never use it that way.

What I'm really waiting for is a full Pokemon game on the Switch. Because then I can just hook the blasted thing up to my monitor. No more having to look downward at it! Would also give me an actual use for the Switch that isnt just Isaac.

My favorite Pokemon is Kirlia, definitely.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 12:44 am

I am a Pokémon fan. Was a fan of Pokémon before I became a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. I grew up with Red/Blue and Yellow for the game-boy color and have played through a plethora of the games from the core games like Pokémon Diamond to side-games including Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. I'm also a big competitive player and I play on Pokémon Showdown at times. I'm also obsessed with the fan-game, Pokémon Uranium due to my obsession with nuclear energy and radioactive monsters. I also am a fan of the movies and the anime, although It's been years since I watched though a season/series.

Some of my favorite pokémon from the main series are Mewtwo, Darkrai, Zeraora, Gengar, Gallade, Zekrom, Gyarados, and Scizor. And some of my favorite fakemon are Hazma (from Pokémon Uranium), Janusplit and Radiaution (from MonsterMMORPG...which is just like pokémon but more err...challenging... and uses people's contributed fakemons. Sadly it hasn't aged well and I personally think the developers should completely redo it because it's dying drastically).

Despite the fact I'm not too found that the first-ever official live-action pokémon movie isn't based on the core concept of the main series pokémon games - with trainers and pokémon battles (like really, that's a wasted opportunity... >_>) I'm curious as to how it'll play out same with the live-action/CGI hybrid Sonic the Hedgehog movie that is also currently in the works.

Along with having some soulbonds who are pokémon, I have a friend who is a fictionkin of some as well.

Mmmm...it has been a while since I last played Uranium...

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2017, 6:33 am

Hello! I am a Pokemon fan as well!
I'm not very good at it and I've only been into it for about a year, but I have played Pokemon Moon and Pokemon White, and enjoyed both games.
I might like to get Ultra Moon one day as well, and I'm wondering whether to get a Switch or not to play the upcoming games. ^^

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 10:21 am

I'm a Pokemon fan. Blue was my first game, and I've been hooked on the main game and the others (like the Mystery Dungeon Games, the TCG for Gameboy Color, and Pokemon Conquest) ever since.

It is my favorite game series (although I really love Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest and Rune Factory too).

I hope they'll always keep them on the handhelds - they are by far my fave consoles, and pretty much the only way I've played video games for the most part this millennium.

I wish the WII and WII U games would be released for 3DS. I missed out on them, as well as some I never found, like Hey you Pikachu.

I haven't watched the cartoon since Johto. But I love the mangas! I collect them.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Dec 2017, 8:29 am

I'm an oldskewl fan. I watched the 1st two seasons & some of the 3rd. I also really like the Yellow game

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 8:14 pm

^ Yeah, Pokemon Yellow was a very good game. It was a perfect blend between the Blue/red games and the cartoon, and I loved starting with something other than the starters and still get them all. I wish they made a new Pokemon Yellow, just for the newer games.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:03 am

I loved Pokemon Gold back in the day. It is the first and only Pokemon game I have ever played. I've bought and started playing many of the newer ones since but for some reason I've never been able to stick with any of them. I feel like since playing them I've played a lot more complicated RPGs and the ultra streamlined RPG-lite style of Pokemon games perhaps isn't for me anymore.

Also, I have the same feeling as Misery; Nintendo systems are really terrible when it comes to controls, particularly on their portable systems. They're invariably uncomfortable to use for any prolonged period of time, requiring you to contort your hand into a claw. Although perhaps I am a little spoiled now since I primarily play games using an Xbox One Elite controller if given the choice.

I think the thing that might make me play Pokemon would be a mobile version. The simple streamlined nature of the game lends itself well to a mobile game. Unfortunately, that could only ever happen in some alternate dimension where phone games had some semblance of quality.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Dec 2017, 6:18 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I think the thing that might make me play Pokemon would be a mobile version. The simple streamlined nature of the game lends itself well to a mobile game. Unfortunately, that could only ever happen in some alternate dimension where phone games had some semblance of quality.
You could try DLing an emulator for the system(s) on your phone that you'd like to play games on & then DLing the rom for the games you want to play. My girlfriend played some PSP games on her phone that way. A gameboy emulator on my comp is the way I played Pokemon except when I was at the store waiting on my parents then I played on the systems there.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2017, 3:34 am

I've been a fan for about 20 years or as long as the game's been out in the US. Occasionally try to dabble in competitive battling but it's 10000 times harder than the game's CPU opponents. Haven't watched the anime since season 1 or 2 maybe and have no desire to, Ash is an annoying protagonist and the way they ignore the game's rules annoys me.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm

Haven't really kept track of the anime after it left Cartoon Network (though given their currently abysmal handling of everything that's not Teen Titans Go!, I can't blame the anime).

Did it reboot, or is it still the same continuity?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 2:27 pm

AlanSmithee wrote:
Haven't really kept track of the anime after it left Cartoon Network (though given their currently abysmal handling of everything that's not Teen Titans Go!, I can't blame the anime).

Did it reboot, or is it still the same continuity?

It depends what you mean by it "rebooting". Do you mean if the series is now focused on the newest generation of Pokémon? I don't watch regular television. Anything I watch is online so I have no clue when it comes to Cartoon Network but I will say that the anime is currently centered around generation 7. The website, (https://www.serebii.net/) can keep you up to date on each new episode that has and has yet to air.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 2:37 am

I recently learned of Pokemon Uranium and have been playing through that on my handheld PC. It's the perfect game for it and on top of that it's really good, probably one of the best Pokemon games I've played since Gold. One of the bigger issues I've always had with returning to the series is that is always feels too similar and it's largely way too easy, something that Uranium avoids.

mawilegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jan 2018, 8:51 pm

I am mostly a huge fan of the games, though I do love the anime and films as well. I love generation 3 the very best. Most recently though, I am quite impressed with sun/moon and ultra sun/moon. (Maybe I am even more so impressed since the previous new region, Kalos, was incredibly bland to me, and the games X/Y were not very good.)

My favorite pokemon is mawile. (if that was not already obvious by my display name, aaah!) I also love cyndaquil, espeon, lugia, ampharos, and gardevoir alot.

I just really, really love pokemon. :mrgreen:

Level 2 ASD diagnosed

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 6:27 am

I have loved every single one of the main series games. I can't relate to the criticism of them at all, because to me they just couldn't be better or more engrossing. I don't find them too easy, I find them perfect worlds to emerge myself in, and I love how the new EXP share levels up all Pokemon in the party, as it's hard to level up as many as I want. Thank heavens for Isle Evelup!! I am really loving Ultra Sun and Moon, which I'm still playing. They are even better than Sun and Moon. (And no HM slaves in either! Woo-hoo!) Some of the trials are causing me quite a bit of trouble though. Yikes those totem Pokemon are strong. In Ultra Sun I was just being wiped out by Mimikyu.

Kristaok
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm

I'm Pokemon fan, my first one was Yellow.