Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm

a permanent loss of something useful.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

I think my biggest fear has to do with comas. Being irreversibly comatose, or dieing before I can come out of a coma. Things like that.
Trapped, basically.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 7:58 pm

Flies laying eggs in my food and hatching into maggots. Especially chicken.

Accidentally offending people, and then they’ll take revenge on me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:53 am

Dog bite

Sexual and physical assault

Homeless, poverty

Disease

Embarrassment, humiliation

Social rejection

pqmz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2017, 5:16 am

unplanned death, regretful too

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 11:11 am

Fear of getting stuck in bad job

Fear of living with someone homophobic, or sadistic

Fear of pain

Fear of fat

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 11:14 am

^^^man, if I had a "fear of fat," i'd be livin' in a world of hurt! :lmao: :oops:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm

It's interesting how some of the responses here are fear of homelessness. I guess if some people found themselves in my shoes they'd jump off a bridge. Homelessness isn't really so bad if you have a functional car to sleep in at night, or during the day for a quick nap.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 8:54 pm

losing everything and having to start from scratch and being permanently diminished. I can't conceive of anything worse than that.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:00 pm

red robin

if i end up homeless, then i would be afraid of
(1) rape
(2) cold/weather
(3) disease

and besides, what if i end up homeless and do not have a car?

around where i live there are plenty of free services for the homeless. soup kitchens, medical clinics, dental. even drop in psychological peer counseling. for free. free laundry.

but still, shelters, according to some articles, are dangerous.

even while waiting for the bus, a couple weeks ago. just about 20 minutes. in the daylight. got so cold, shivering for over an hour later.

putting on a lot of clothes can only go so far.

besides, there are a lot of much colder locations in the country.

anyways i am so fragile.

sometimes, the homeless get treated worse. discrimination.

having said that, in the past week, someone offered me inari sushi, a takeout food box, and a jacket. apparrently i look homeless.

but anyways some articles claim that it does not take much to end up homeless.

when i was in undergrad, two separate times, someone had the nerve to evict my worthless corpse. 30 days notice to move out. in the middle of the quarter (semester).

so, there were not many vacancies at that time. and i did not have much time to go apartment hunting, b/c of studying.

it was terrifying. one time, went to at least 15 different apartments.

especially b/c it was 2004 san diego. homophobic. and i was crossdressing and got a buzz cut. assigned female at birth. homophobic.

and autistic. clinically depressed. diagnosed officially.

the other thing is that, if i end up homeless, i have no precious lil "friends" that will put up with me. not even for a single night.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm

I fear being homeless, because I have no idea how I'd survive.

I fear being put in a group home, because I'm really not suited to living with others without a place to retreat to be alone. I had a roommate my first year in college, and it really did a number on my mental health, just because I couldn't get any solitude.

But I think what I most fear is being put in a mental institution indefinitely. I really hate feeling trapped, being watched, and not having control of anything, and not knowing when/if I'd be released would be horrible for me.

Unfortunately, all three are all too real possibilities for me, I think especially the last one.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:22 pm

I've been homeless b4, and while it is most unpleasant, it is survivable over the long-term if one can keep one's wits about one. but for those out of their wits, it is most assuredly deadly. IOW there are far worse things to fear. permanently losing both one's steady safe shelter as well as one's ability to cope in general, is the one-two punch of fate that is fatal.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:35 pm

dragons and demons

the mental institution - that reminds me of how, when the community college licensed clinical social worker asked "how are you doing," i answered "depressed."

she was like "oh my god. are you thinking about hurting yourself or anyone else?". (rolls eyes).

depression is a diagnosis, that i disclosed, in writing, on the form that she made me fill out.

depression is not an emotion. "sad" is an emotion.

depression is not a violation of the Mandated Reporter Law.

the LCSW (among other professionals) acted like the correct answer to "how are you doing" is "perfect". all other answers are wrong, and the punishment for a wrong answer is 5150.

emotions are: happy, sad, angry, surprised, scared

not my opinion. those are the official emotions

the way almost everyone (including many psychological counselors) act, is that they act like emotions are: happy, mad, bad, depressed, sorry

fear of 5150 and et cetera. that is one of numerous reasons why i avoided counselors, until about age 21 or so.

that, and the condecending attitude, "are you a happy child?" a counselor had the nerve to tell me. then the counselor told me that the reason why junior high school customers bullied me was b/c they were jealous that i did better at school than them and "if you work hard, you grow up you can be whatever you wanna be when you grow up,". she told me that when i was 16.

but the counselor is not telepathic. she does not know the reason why someone, that she has never interacted with, allegedly bullied me.

plenty of children under 18 die of poverty, disease, crime. through no fault of their own. they did not get a chance to grow up, much be whatever they wanted to be.

someone could be jealous and not resort to physical violence.

someone could be physically violent and not jealous.

there is no method of measuring jealousy. not even MRI, EEG, PET scan.

even if they were jealous, they could've been jealous for any reason.

the counselor acted like an actor reciting lines verbatim. word for word. with enthusiasm. maybe that was in her job description.

when a professional interacts with me, it's like he or she hides behind an entire profession or company. when i am at work and interacting with a customer, it is like customer service.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 11:41 pm

I wrote a book on surviving homelessness. It's called "You Can't Sleep Here: A Clown's Guide To Surviving Homelessness."

https://www.amazon.com/You-Cant-Sleep-H ... 228&sr=8-1

I called it that because, one night, I was trying to get some much-needed shuteye in the empty parking lot of a Lutheran Church. A woman came knocking on my driver side window and said, "You can't sleep here." I thought about yelling at her, about the church's commitment to helping the downtrodden, but then I also thought about the police rolling up on me, so I left.

The book is humorous, despite the heavy subject matter. Writing it helped me survive being non-domiciled.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 8:27 am

You can't live in a car in New York City. Because of the winter climate......and the constant harassment by cops.

I've actually thought about doing that.