Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Celifrog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2017, 11:28 am

I've almost given up on it. If I'm going to feel weird no matter what might as well give up on it. It doesn't really change much. :roll:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Dec 2017, 2:31 pm

I prefer to not let my hair get matted to be honest.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm

If only I had hair to comb.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 3:01 pm

Yes, I comb it after washing it.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 3:05 pm

I never use a comb, but I brush my hair every day. It's really long and I hate when it gets knotted.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 3:06 pm

Not right now because I have dreads...but I have developed some rather severe dandruff, and some of my roots are kind of messed up anyways(probably somewhat due to the dandruff) so I am thinking of getting my hair cut short. Then perhaps I will try dreads again sometime. So soon I will likely comb it or brush it lol.

LampRat
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Dec 2017, 9:13 pm

I comb mine out every day because I flatten it when I sleep and don't want it to be super obvious that I did nothing to it. I'm black and hair is a big thing in the black community, and there a ton of black girls at my school, so I feel like it would look especially bad if I did nothing to mine >u> And I don't exactly care what others say, but I know that my appearance can affect what people think of me, and I would rather do what I can in advance to control what they think of me and let them learn more about me when they finally speak to me. I also don't want anything bad to happen to my hair from me not taking care of it. But to avoid having to do too much (since there's not much I can do) I keep it short.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2017, 7:34 pm

Mine is very fine and curly, so while I prefer to ignore it as much as possible it quickly becomes a rat's nest and I just don't have the bone structure to rock a shaved head. I keep it long enough to braid, finger-comb it in the shower with tons of conditioner so it doesn't tug, then braid it as soon as I'm out of the shower.

That way I can ignore it until the next time I shower. If it gets messy, it's easy to tidy because the braid doesn't let it tangle.

Some of my earliest and most epic meltdowns in childhood came from mom trying to comb or brush my hair. Tugging on my scalp might as well be electric shocks to me. Blechhh.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 10:06 am

Yes, using a detangler brush and plenty of detangler spray. I brush my hair after I shower. When I use conditioning treatment on my hair, I comb the conditioner through in the shower with a wide-tooth comb after wetting my hair. I wrap my conditioner coated hair in an old towel and do other stuff for a while before rinsing it all out.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Dec 2017, 10:16 am

Yes, I even bought a horn comb so my hair don't stick to it electrostatically.
Then I braid them so they don't mess around to annoy me. For some time I used to wear them short but it required regular visits to hairdresser and I knew only one who could make me a fitting style. So, you know, overcoming my social anxiety, making an appointment, going there, enduring cutting the hair... it was too much for me to do it every two months.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Marshmallows
Raven
Raven

13 Dec 2017, 1:17 pm

Yes, I have curly hair so I'd end up with a rats nest if I didn't take a comb/brush to it.
Generally I do it while I'm in the shower, as I style my hair and put the gel in before I get out, wrap my head in a towel and call it good while I dry the rest of me off.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

My hair is pretty short. I use 2in1 shampoo and conditioner (much to my hairdresser's distress) and after drying my hair with a towel, use a cylindrical brush on it.

Even after I get up in the morning, there aren't any knots in my hair.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2017, 11:05 pm

I comb my hair once daily.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2017, 6:04 pm

Mine's fairly short (chin-length) and on some days I try to comb it - and fail miserably.
Some days I don't bother. I usually only do it if I'm going out somewhere, I just washed it, or it's annoying me.

melanie25
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jan 2018, 4:01 am

I don't like to comb my hair because I'm afraid that it causes bigger hair loss.

BearBee
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2018, 5:00 am

I brush it pretty regularly because its thigh length and ends up in a state if I don't (I find it hard to handle haircuts).