Having trouble putting up with bureaucracy

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm

Sometimes I would not follow the directions of the supervisor (one time I thought they would never know if I helped out, going to one thing I was told not to go to that spot, because I thought it would be able to be done quickly enough not to be noticed and was only trying to help (ironically, at the time, I thought my supervisor was being horribly overworked by the company (later learned that she was doing it all to herself) and so wanted to help, even it it meant bending the rules) but somehow she happened to be working on that very thing and me helping with it messed it up for her.

I think I have gotten those issues down, but another one is that we're supposed to use macros, AKA templates, for answering emails. Sometimes I do, but sometimes I go too fast, especially as it's been so busy lately, and sometimes I can memorize the macros (some of which aren't fully developed for the latest stuff) and can do it pretty good, but may still run the risk of getting penalized.

I have a hard time following something if I think it will take longer and what is being told to me seems silly. Am I the only one with this issue?

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2018, 3:06 pm

Depends on what the job is, but most people are taught to do things on their own or to follow someone's lead, but I agree, with conditions, it can be very trying and get very hard to satisfy every one element of a company's prerogative to achieve something. The point is, nobody ever shows you how to do things, so you just end up doing them yourself and on your head be it if it goes wrong. Usually someone pre empts somebody up to fail so they can get a better response from their site lead. All I've ever been told are lies and criticisms about how slow I am, when I'm a bit of a perfectionist anyway.. I start ahead with clear doubts occasionally about how to do something, but eventually it usually works, it all slots in. If someone tells me something and I think its boring, I often shut off about it too, as I like to visualise where somebody has picked up, it makes it easier to continue. But these days, the workplace is all about people micromanaging others and deciding their place for them. I maintain, the belief, that the day that somebody starts yelling at you to tell you what you should do, is time to press a big discrimination rights pad into their thick outstretched hands.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 5:45 am

I maintain, the belief, that the day that somebody starts yelling at you to tell you what you should do, is time to press a big discrimination rights pad into their thick outstretched hands.[/quote]

looooool ill keep this in mind ;)

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2018, 3:12 pm

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
Depends on what the job is, but most people are taught to do things on their own or to follow someone's lead, but I agree, with conditions, it can be very trying and get very hard to satisfy every one element of a company's prerogative to achieve something. The point is, nobody ever shows you how to do things, so you just end up doing them yourself and on your head be it if it goes wrong. Usually someone pre empts somebody up to fail so they can get a better response from their site lead. All I've ever been told are lies and criticisms about how slow I am, when I'm a bit of a perfectionist anyway.. I start ahead with clear doubts occasionally about how to do something, but eventually it usually works, it all slots in. If someone tells me something and I think its boring, I often shut off about it too, as I like to visualise where somebody has picked up, it makes it easier to continue. But these days, the workplace is all about people micromanaging others and deciding their place for them. I maintain, the belief, that the day that somebody starts yelling at you to tell you what you should do, is time to press a big discrimination rights pad into their thick outstretched hands.

I can assure you that my supervisor, when I worked there, never set anyone up to fail. On the contrary, she actually stood up for the employees against higher management. However, I think she did do things the way HQ said just to please them at times when she thought it was more a bureaucratic problem than a blatantly unfair problem (i.e. some of the company's scoring on people's performance reviews.)

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2018, 8:13 pm

Well anyway, if someone was to start waving the big red tape boundary in my face for common misconceptions other than solving a crime against a good deed, let the hulk meet the firing squad is all I can say to that.

I am of the mind attitude that bureaucracy is all just show business, a bunch of twaddle that makes a jumbo jet look small compared to a real estate engine of twin powered democracy, which makes a fool out of innocent staff and struggling civilians.

The only common denominator in all of this is that I can't practice my yoga in the middle of a boss appraisal or one to one board meeting.