So its wrong to euthanize humans who are suffering to death?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 5:28 am

Well than why is it ok for animals, hell an animal doesn't need to be suffering the qualification for euthanasia can be as simple as simply not having an owner through no fault of your own because you're an abandoned or accidently left behind pet that the owner could not find before having to move. Is that a reason to kill a healthy animal...NO, I could not work at a place like that but I would like to help strays and feral animals.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 5:38 am

I thought this was about humans. If a person or animal is suffering that much then I think they should be allowed to die. Animals though yeh, that’s a hard one.

Is this about helping strays? I’m not sure what you’re asking.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:50 am

Pretty sure there was at least a proposal for that option to be granted to terminally ill people somewhere in the states (likely California).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 11:49 pm

I once asked on Facebook why is it when you put euthanize terminally ill pets it's "humane" but when you do it to humans it's assisted suicide.

Someone answered it's because humans are supposed to suffer but animals are not.

:roll:

Sounds like one of those Mother-Theresa-types who thinks I'm going to burn in hell just for taking some Tylenol for a headache.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well than why is it ok for animals, hell an animal doesn't need to be suffering the qualification for euthanasia can be as simple as simply not having an owner through no fault of your own because you're an abandoned or accidently left behind pet that the owner could not find before having to move. Is that a reason to kill a healthy animal...NO, I could not work at a place like that but I would like to help strays and feral animals.

In my opinion, it’s because humans have resilience. They might be able to overcome their situation in one way or another.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 7:21 pm

some pertinent movie titles:
"who's life is it, anyways"?
"they shoot horses, don't they?"

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 7:32 pm

I think it should be ok for everybody who is not only sick but also willing to die.

roger199
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2018, 9:52 am

We are still being governed by a religious week minded majority . Inherent value to all human life not true by actuality or logically.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

old line Catholics would say "suffering is good for the soul." unless it happened to them.

roger199

03 Jan 2018, 1:25 am

What doesn't kills you makes you stronger hmm doesn't seem true to a lot of broken or severely diminished people out there.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:51 am

AFAIC all the nattering busybodies need to butt out and let suffering incurables pass away of their own accord.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:56 am

Because people that think like that have no perspective and are ruled by not only their emotions, but also their conditioning. Plain and simple.

I am a Bookwyrm.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 3:02 am

I am okay with humans being euthanized if they are suffering... Unfortunately, it's something they will need to do for their self if able.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:30 pm

I whole-heartedly support euthanasia, illegal though it may be. If I were to become sick to the point of being incapable of moving a single muscle and having to rely on others to help me even get up, I'd much rather die than suffer.

My grandmother died of Alzheimer's a few years ago, and by the time she took her leave from this world, she was already in a helplessly bad state. She could do literally nothing on her own. Had it been in my power, I would've voted for ending her suffering when I saw her in the hospital that one time before she died. She wasn't going to get any better.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

I wish the Netherlands were a lot closer.