What's the weirdest thing you've ever been made fun of for?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

One time in 5th grade (I think) while I was eating an open-faced peanut butter sandwich for lunch, another kid picked on me for having too much peanut butter on it. He shouted from another table: "Hey (my name), you like having peanut butter smeared on there?" I was a lot more confused than I was offended.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm

The time when I (apparently) were eating potato chips using scissors at elementary school. I don't remember doing it but it seems pretty logical - If I really did it I probably just didn't want to have my hands oily.
Apparently it was weird enough for people to remember it and make fun of me when we met... about 15 years later. 8O

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2017, 6:01 pm

I got thrown off of a slide one time for having long eyelashes. It was in grade 2 I think. I hurt my back so bad I couldn't walk for a while. All for having long eyelashes.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 7:43 pm

I had the nickname "Dolphin Lips" for a while because allegedly there is something strange about the way I drink out of a cup or mug. I still have no idea what's peculiar about it, but the drink gets into my mouth just fine; I don't end up with it all down my chin unless I'm very, very drunk.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2017, 9:33 pm

I don’t think I was outright made fun of for this but here goes: enjoying my peanut butter and ham sandwich at lunch. Eventually I brought it so often that finally everyone at my table asked if they could try it out of curiosity.

There was the time that I was mercilessly teased and taunted because I decided to wear a dress to school in 2nd grade. I had never wore a dress to school before that, I haven’t worn a dress or skirt since then, 9 years later.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2017, 10:09 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
I don’t think I was outright made fun of for this but here goes: enjoying my peanut butter and ham sandwich at lunch. Eventually I brought it so often that finally everyone at my table asked if they could try it out of curiosity.

There was the time that I was mercilessly teased and taunted because I decided to wear a dress to school in 2nd grade. I had never wore a dress to school before that, I haven’t worn a dress or skirt since then, 9 years later.

Ew peanut butter and ham? That sounds disgusting. I would've made fun of you too haha.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:25 am

i was made fun of for liking the fairly oddparents once, in 3rd grade.

that never left me. i'm still very reticent to discuss my interests and am perfectly fine with letting the other person go on and on about what he likes, not saying a word about mine.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2017, 11:20 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i was made fun of for liking the fairly oddparents once, in 3rd grade.

that never left me. i'm still very reticent to discuss my interests and am perfectly fine with letting the other person go on and on about what he likes, not saying a word about mine.

Same here

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Tesla1856
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Mar 2018, 11:47 am

Some kids ridiculized me for knowing too much about topography. That of itself is not so weird, since it falls in the geeky category, but it was the way they mocked me that was the weirdest. They came up to me and smirkingly asked me what the capital of a certain country was and laughed when I would answer the question seriously.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 4:06 pm

This was awhile back. Actually liking Spanish and not taking the class just because it was a requirement.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 6:02 pm

When I was in junior high, people apparently thought it was funny to say hi to me - someone in a group would just say "Hi, dragonsanddemons," and I'd make some sort of acknowledgement, and everyone would laugh. I still don't know what that was about.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

LilLoki
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Apr 2018, 7:54 pm

:lol: when I was in grade 3 I had won a lollipop from those colorful spirals, it was huge, at lunch time, there was soup on the menu, I did not want to throw my dear lollipop out, so .... I used the lollipop as spoowhen I was in grade 3 I had won a lollipop from those colorful spirals, it was huge, at lunch time, there was soup on the menu, I did not want to throw my dear lollipop out, so .... I used the lollipop as "spoon" for for soup :mrgreen:

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 3:29 pm

A mole on my left index finger.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 9:20 pm

Unleasher,

I, too, liked Spanish as a teenager. I was also a word geek who actually liked conjugating verbs.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2018, 9:54 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
When I was in junior high, people apparently thought it was funny to say hi to me - someone in a group would just say "Hi, dragonsanddemons," and I'd make some sort of acknowledgement, and everyone would laugh. I still don't know what that was about.

I’ve also had that happen to me before. It is quite baffling, so I know where you’re coming from.

belgiumguitardude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2018, 10:26 pm

my huge head of hair. Type in"jimi hendrix bassist Noel Redding" and u get the picture. I refuse to cut if off cause i like the way it covers my eyes. And, not surprisingly, all the bullying is done by bald(ing) dudes, especially when they are younger.
The same with my "hollow face", which they call a crackhead face, but they are fat and i do kickboxing. There's Always a reason...