Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

I actually think I prefer dresses and skirts over pants, as long as the dress/skirt is long enough and loose.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 8:04 pm

Don't wear them, don't even own them.

apus apus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2018, 3:44 pm

When it's really hot (30C+) I do wear long skirts.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

apus apus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2018, 5:33 pm

^^^Thank you!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 5:44 pm

I currently own 3 dresses. However, I dislike wearing long skirts since I tend to trip in them. :oops:

That's also why I don't wear heels, then again it's difficult to even find heels in my size, due to the fact that they are usually too narrow for me.

Plus they are really hard to walk in, I have tried wearing heels in the past, but I have just ended up either falling on my face, or tripping up in them. :lol:

How people manage to walk in those things is beyond me. 8O

One of my dresses is for formal events, such as interviews. Another is basically a long sweater, but it is dress length so I guess that counts? Then the third is a knitted dress for winter. I don't often wear dresses, but occasionally I do.

But I tend to prefer wearing jeans, and wearing either trainers, sandals or boots with as little heel as possible, because I'm a clumsy person who tends to trip up anyway, never mind in heels. 8O

My mother always tells me that I should wear dresses more, but I just don't tend to have the urge to wear one all that often. *Shrugs*

I usually just wear my winter dress if my jeans are in the wash. Also, I prefer to wear a pair of shorts, than short or long skirts.

Last edited by Lost_dragon on 25 Feb 2018, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2018, 5:50 pm

I love wearing skirts and dresses because I feel like my legs can breathe. They're normally a-line or circle skirts. And my dresses are always long too

I dislike the idea that wearing a dress or a skirt means you're dressing up. Why do trousers and jeans only get to be seen as casual? :roll:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 5:57 pm

I love dresses and have quite a few but with the way clothes sizes work these days my dress size varies a lot. I can wear a 1x (14/16) in some dresses a 2x (18/20) in some dresses and then a 3x (22/24) in some dresses. What's really annoying is I can be the a different size in a dress even if it's from the same store. My Hell Bunny halter dress is a size 4x!

It seems that a "true size 20" which is what I am considered according to a general size chart doesn't exist because of how different the cuts, fabrics or even depending on how tall or short someone is. I even have two size XL shirts that fit very well. One of them I tried on in a local boutique as well as other things from a local boutique in a size XL and they all worked.

I have a weird body type. I am an apple shape but nothing is too big or too small (46"-44"-48"? I got rid of my measuring tape) so I have a lot of curves. I found that skinny jeans aren't too tight in a size 20 but are actually a little big in the waist once I break them in. Then my pants fall down. That's why I wear Old Navy elastic waist jeans in the short length. My mom says that they take inches off of my real waist measurement. As with skinny jeans my real measurement is very visible because the pants fall down.

Back on topic, my dresses and tops seem to fit even if I lose 15 to 25 pounds while my pants get baggy. Dresses are nice but I always wear something to prevent that inner thigh rash I get. Normally leggings but now that summer is coming, biker shorts would be better.

Sorry for the large post. I'm a huge fashion geek. I got really geeky while doing laundry and trying on some old clothes that finally fit now that I had breast reduction surgery.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2018, 6:30 pm

I hate the way my bum looks in shorts (why do they only make really really short shorts nowadays??) and I get uncomfortable in jeans when it's 20°C+ so I wear dresses/skirts a lot in summer.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 7:14 am

I wear dresses in summer, I have a lot of summer skirts and dresses. I like the "free air" around my legs. I especially like maxi skirt or dress, they protect my legs from mosquitoes. I gained a lot of weight last year from taking a medication. Now I'm too fat for most of my clothes. :( I've got to lose at least some of those weight, even those clothes that still fit me don't look right. I want my hourglass shape back. :(

I do have some warmer skirts for winter as well but I haven't worn them this year. Some don't fit any more. Mostly my feet got fat too and couldn't fit into my boots. Woolen skirts have to go with boots. :) Oh ya I never wear jeans or any other tight pants.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 7:40 pm

I love wearing dresses, unless it's especially cold outside. I try to cultivate a professional look at work and to dress nicely when I go out.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2018, 2:51 pm

Yes, I do! I love wearing dresses! Although I'm glad nurses don't have to wear them anymore on the job as that would be quite difficult (I'm a nurse) haha.

LesMiserabby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2018, 5:39 pm

I generally love dresses and skirts because I find them cute, but I hate the way my thighs rub together. It starts to hurt after a while and I get a bad rash on both thighs. I have the same issue with most shorts, and it's really hard to find shorts long enough to avoid the issue. Summers are an absolute nightmare.

Elenna488
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2018, 6:33 pm

In the spring and summer I wear them every chance I get

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 5:55 pm

I wear dresses almost all the time when I go out. At work, however, my job duties involve a lot of bending and stretching to reach library shelves and bring in books from the book drops, so I can't wear dresses often.

Eloquaint2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2018, 12:03 am

I love wearing dresses, though I have a hard time with fit. I have broad shoulders and very narrow hips, so anything that fits across my chest is huge in the ass and needs alteration.

It gets very cold here in the winter (15F/-9.4C is a typical day, not a cold snap. Those can go -10F/-23C or colder), and the winters are long. Dresses are really only practical or pleasant for a maximum of four months of the year.

What I really hate are shoes. I would go barefoot every day of my life if it were possible.