One Thing I Never Understood About School Bullies

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 7:51 am

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
One thing I know about bullies, and I don't need anything else.

You hit em back, they fall down. Just one punch is normally enough.
Scared em s**tless. They aren't used to resistance normally and freak out.

There is a lot of truth in this but there was also a kid in my class who literally turned the whole class against me because I did stand up to him, not to mention *I* got in trouble for pushing him off me after he attacked me. It was amazing to watch how people just blindly followed him and did horrific things they would otherwise never dream of. I saw quickly in the 8th Grade class how Hitler rose to power. I am a hockey player (shocking I know) and anyone who bullies, repeatedly takes cheap shots, dangerous play etc is quickly and immediately dealt with, usually by being banned. Why didn't any of the other 'scared' students gang up on this one bully? I will never understand humans. I do find it ironic that the 'big and scary' black kids who were on a one way ticket to prison (and are probably still there) were the only ones to stand up for what was right.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2018, 12:43 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
One thing I know about bullies, and I don't need anything else.

You hit em back, they fall down. Just one punch is normally enough.
Scared em s**tless. They aren't used to resistance normally and freak out.

There is a lot of truth in this but there was also a kid in my class who literally turned the whole class against me because I did stand up to him, not to mention *I* got in trouble for pushing him off me after he attacked me. It was amazing to watch how people just blindly followed him and did horrific things they would otherwise never dream of. I saw quickly in the 8th Grade class how Hitler rose to power. I am a hockey player (shocking I know) and anyone who bullies, repeatedly takes cheap shots, dangerous play etc is quickly and immediately dealt with, usually by being banned. Why didn't any of the other 'scared' students gang up on this one bully? I will never understand humans. I do find it ironic that the 'big and scary' black kids who were on a one way ticket to prison (and are probably still there) were the only ones to stand up for what was right.

Yeah sometimes they do stuff like that. Its happened once or twice to me. They never tried to hit me again after I hit back though.

Razupaltuf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2018, 1:05 pm

I also never understood why bullies bully.
But most neurotypicals also seem to have believes that horribly contradict each other, that is really scary. And when you explain it to them they go some logical steps with you but refuse to go other logical steps to come to the fitting conclusion. ( or maybe I am wrong ^^ but I am very sure I am right)
I also made the experience that the rise of the Nazis was no wonder but rather basic human nature. Most people seem to be heavily influenced by the opinions of others and the media.
My views of the world are not perfect but at least I have my own opinions :mrgreen:
Aspergers have the great ability to think clearly and don't follow the stupidity of our environment often times. At least that is how I see it.