Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 7:59 pm

My favorites are Jon Pertwee and Eccleson.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

even though he was the 4th :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 12:26 am

^^ Likewise! :D

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 1:04 am

William Hartnell

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:05 am

All of them! :D

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:34 am

I have yet to see much Old Who, but my favorite as of now is David Tennant.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 11:01 am

Tom Baker.

And Jon Pertwee was probably my 2nd favourite.

Cherina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm

David Tennant and Matt Smith :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

I really like them all to be honest.

It's weird because I always think David Tennent to be my favourite but then I really liked Christopher Ecclelston and then Matt Smith was really lovely in a different way and then I really enjoyed watching Peter Capaldi as well.

For me, I enjoy watching the different relationships Dr Who has with his assistants.

Tagrhm
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2017, 12:21 pm

Tom Baker. He is the abosolute BEST Dr. Who. Jelly Baby?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 1:25 pm

4 for the original, 10 for the revamp.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:58 pm

David Tennant.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm

As for the best and worst Doctors, the breakdown generally agreed by Whovians usually goes like this.

Tom Baker is the greatest Doctor. Very few despute this, and no one will ever take his crown. Matt Smith is usually number two. And three is a toss up between Tennant and Pertwee. Colin Baker is generally seen as the worst, but in his defense he did get a bunch of bad scripts and was cast when Classic Who was well into its decline. Big Finish Audio has given his Doctor better adventures and a fresh coat of paint. Peter Davison is generally seen as the second worst, and William Hartnel the third. As for the rest of them, largely depends on who you ask, although Troughton is generally seen as one of the better ones. Sylvester McCoy is an odd case, his eps now remind me very much of New Who, as if he were the prototype for the revival Doctors. This is espically true with his relationship with Ace, and her character development.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm

My dad's favorite is Tom Baker. I grew up watching him and also Sylvester McCoy. I think they are my favorite of the classics. I also loved the movie from 1996 with Paul McGann. He was great. One of my favorite things is my tape of the original airing of the movie on Fox. (Thanks, Dad! :) )

Of the new, is it too soon to say Jodie Whittaker? Lol. I'm just excited for her because I am a huge fan of hers from Broadchurch and Attack The Block and her other films. I really love David Tennant and Matt Smith though. Peter Capaldi and Christopher Eccelston were great too.

Really, I think they were all fantastic, as the Ninth Doctor would say. :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:40 pm

I think my daughters favorite is Tom Baker. I did ask her the other day with this thread in mind.

I bought her a load of Dr who on vhs quite a few years ago when she first started to gain interest.

I found them all in a charity shop. Maybe I should dig out the old VCR and watch them all.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 3:50 pm

Glad to see Eccleston gets so much love. He was the Doctor for only one series, but he made quite the impression on me. Admittedly, I never did get into Doctor Who as much as my mother (she is a fan from way back and her fav is Tom Baker), and the first Series of the 2005 comeback was my gateway into the show. I also enjoyed Tenant, but I prefer Eccleston.