Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Marshmallows
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2018, 8:23 am

arachnids wrote:
Hi marshmallows, my husband died when I was 27. He’d had cancer. I really feel for you and the experience is extremely frightening.

I tried to take one day at a time and not expect too much from myself. It is possible to learn to live with it and it gets easier as time goes on. I know it’s a cliched thing to say, but that is usually how it goes.

I’ll read the thread fully now, I just wanted to respond.

I'm so sorry :( It is frightening isn't it?

Thankfully i'm still able to be in his children's lives but... his ex with whom he has his middle daughter... is screwing her up and it breaks my heart. She's a kid who has lost her father and now her mother is acting like an idiot.

I can't rock the boat too much because I don't want to lose the non-legally binding "visitation rights' I currently have

slave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 2:33 am

Marshmallows wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right location for this post.. or really even know what I want to say.
May 21st 2017 I lost the love of my life. I feel so... alone, even though my logical side knows I've got plenty who support me (I'm actually currently living with my in-laws, they've been the sweetest, and are really trying to understand what autism is for me, and how to best work together)

Have any of you ever gone through a similar situation? This is the one time where so many of my feelings are apparently "normal" and that in itself is rather hard to deal with.

We were together for 4 years, I knew him since I was 14, our relationship and how we met was definitely an interesting tangle.

I am the one who found him, and I tried to resuscitate him unsuccessfully. I had a PTSD dx to this prior, and recognize the patterns of what is going on now, and I'm trying to get help for it.
We'd been trying for our own children, without success, but I am very much still involved in my step children's lives.

I guess this is more of a blab/ rant... and a "someone who might understand please talk to me" sorta post.
many neurotypicals are trying to help, but some of the things they come out with... make me question who really has the empathy...

Thanks for reading...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

soooooooo hard!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 11:55 am

I think I responded to one of your posts previously.

I actually didn't know that you lost your husband. It must be devastating to you. Or I might have misinterpreted something. Now, it's clear.

I'm not going to say "at least you have your inlaws" or whatever.

I haven't been in precisely the same situation as you. But I've been in somewhat similar situations.

What I tend to do is to think about all the good times we had while we were alive. I am of the belief that most people don't really want you to mourn them---but want you to remember them. It would be a tribute to him if you remember all the good times you had, and that you cherish the memory of him.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 4:18 pm

Would he have wanted you to worry?

Honestly, I have never been married myself despite being the same age. I have lost family members in the past, but it tends to be a thing that my family manages to move on rather quickly, because we know that our lost loved ones wouldnt have wanted us to worry about their deaths and that we shouldnt mourn them for too long.

Marshmallows
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2018, 1:45 pm

Aniihya wrote:
Would he have wanted you to worry?

Honestly, I have never been married myself despite being the same age. I have lost family members in the past, but it tends to be a thing that my family manages to move on rather quickly, because we know that our lost loved ones wouldnt have wanted us to worry about their deaths and that we shouldnt mourn them for too long.

I'm not entirely sure how to answer that, if he has the capacity to worry, he's currently worried about ME ( I've had a long and interesting discussion with one of my loves cousins about their shared views on the afterlife) but would he want me to worry.. probably not. I'm not really worrying. I'm sad. and depressed and I'm trying not to be but that is far easier said than done.

and I agree generally.. when it comes to grampys and grandmas etc.. but this level of mourning is very different from what I've dealt with before. When my friend died, my heart hurt, a lot, for quite some time.
but this feels more like my soul has been taken and the air has been stomped from my lungs >.<

I appreciate the response, I need people to chat with

Marshmallows
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2018, 1:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think I responded to one of your posts previously.

I actually didn't know that you lost your husband. It must be devastating to you. Or I might have misinterpreted something. Now, it's clear.

I'm not going to say "at least you have your inlaws" or whatever.

I haven't been in precisely the same situation as you. But I've been in somewhat similar situations.

What I tend to do is to think about all the good times we had while we were alive. I am of the belief that most people don't really want you to mourn them---but want you to remember them. It would be a tribute to him if you remember all the good times you had, and that you cherish the memory of him.

I am extremely thankful for my in laws. We were unfortunately not in each others lives previously, they've accepted me, taken me in and are helping me in ways... wow, I owe this couple a lot....

I'm trying to focus on the good times. The PTSD is kicking my ass occasionally. I had a flashback while at the gym. Thankfully it wasn't noticeable unless you're someone who knows me well, and I was able to play it off as overheating.