Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

I would love one of those rich people's showers that has multiple shower wands spraying every which way.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:43 pm

I prefer a hot bath over a 5 minute shower. I like to use different kind of salts. It helps to relieve my aches and pains.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:49 pm

I could handle a very warm whole-body-immersive floating bath after showing off all the grime first.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

Getting into the shower is like heaven but I don't like getting out of the shower because I'm cold and wet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:31 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Getting into the shower is like heaven but I don't like getting out of the shower because I'm cold and wet.

have you thought about using a space heater for that? I swear by one. :idea:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:34 pm

I like both baths and showers, I like a nice bubble bath mostly in the winter, when its hot I have showers instead as they are refreshing, I also like using shower gel instead of soap as I find shower gel is so much nicer.

ADHDAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2017, 8:11 pm

EzraS wrote:
Not irrelevant at all. It involves having to deal with change and sensory issues. I've never liked getting in the shower and I like getting into a tub even less. Once I'm in there, then it's okay. It's the getting in and getting out process I hate.

That is EXACTLY it! As a child, would have to be nagged for ages and checked up on to make sure I got in the bath. Then I would spend HOURS in there and would have to be nagged out :lol:

I still struggle to make myself shower, but I also need showers because they make me feel much better and not having one makes me feel like I can't start the day or cope. Plus, the feeling of being dirty or smelly is a sensory trigger for me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 9:09 pm

I like taking baths to relax sometimes, I might put relaxing essential oils in the water or epsom salt, but as far as cleansing I prefer to shower. Sometimes I put it off too long but not because it makes me anxious in that regard I just get lazy about it...but I tend to feel better when I do get around to it.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 2:41 pm

Goldenhawk wrote:
I despise baths with a passion as they are just unhygienic. I also have a massive issue with the feel of wet porcelain. Showers are much better but I always need to wear sandals on my feet and will refuse to have a shower if I don't have them with me.

I too find baths unhygienic, so I don't bath. It would be relaxing if I could turn off my brain, but I can't. I loved bathing as a kid.

I shower instead, and have no issues with it.

I don't stand directly on the bath tub, we use plastic anti-slip bath mats.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Dec 2017, 8:41 am

I preferred baths as a kid cuz I could lay down & relax & zone out. I started taking showers more when I started working cuz all my jobs were cleaning related & I got very dirty sometimes. I got more used to taking showers & started taking showers more even when I wasn't working out of habit. I cant really take baths where I live now even if/when I'd want to because the tub is smaller than at my parents.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 10:49 am

Biggest meltdowns I had as a kid were over having to have my hair washed, absolute torture.