Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 5:13 am

I used to have a fear of shower heads. Due to getting easily startled by things, I would think that one day it will just turn on full blast while I'm sitting in the tub.

Though I have no problem taking either a bath or shower. I tend to take showers more often because they are faster, especially when I need to go somewhere.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 5:38 am

I am with Saddam Hussein. I am a member of the Baathist party!

All of you members of the rival Showerist party should be liquidated!

Actually I swing both ways. Baths, or showers, depending upon the situation.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 7:24 am

It's not the sensation of getting wet, nor the idea of getting a bath what bothers me. What bothers me is the cold, and the sudden sensation of it.

Yet, if the idea of bathing is something to be done trice a day, I would rather not doing it at all.

And most of my life, my household had no other choice -- we scoop. :lol: No shower heads, no bathtub baths, and temperature is never 'auto' -- we have to boil water manually for ourselves. We can't afford those stuffs.
All we usually have is the faucet filling a bucket full of water, and our arms manually pouring water on ourselves with the scoop.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 10:55 am

I prefer a shower but the shower must be one you can take in your hand - how are you even supposed to wash properly if the water is only going on your head? Especially if you are not exactly planning to get your long hair wet today? :D

As for baths I do like the feeling of warm water on my body but I find most bathtubs too small/cold. I dislike when my feet, knees or chest get cold while other body parts are warm from the surrounding water. I want to be soaked whole, except head. And I use baths as relaxation, not washing up - I still end up taking a shower afterwards because I feel dirty/sweaty after a bath.

I generally like washing myself though. I take a shower everyday, sometimes even twice a day.

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2017, 6:12 pm

I find baths suffocating, I feel faint, it's being surrounded by warm water.

I shower but I'll be honest though I can't always bring myself to. Once i'm in I don't want to leave though, i'll be in there ages. I also really dislike going from hot to cold afterwards which perhaps contributes to my apathy.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 7:31 pm

I have a shower every time after I poo. I get tired of doing it in the morning but I do it anyway to get clean. I consider the shower more hygenic then the bath.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 9:03 pm

I dread the sensory overload, of different temperatures and textures - it's a grueling ordeal, and leaves me feeling dizzy and spacey for hours. Prefer baths because they're gentler, but have to deal with showers where I live now.

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2017, 2:15 pm

Being wet is one of my biggest sensory issues, so yes, I hate it. I get baths, not showers. I hate having water in my face most of all, and you can't avoid that with showers. I wash my hair under the faucet so I don't get my face wet. I don't really mind the bath itself. It's getting out of the bath that I can't stand, that overall feeling of wetness and then having to put clothes on over the wet and have them stick. Baths take a lot out of me. I need at least 10-30 minutes of "dry-off time" where I lie down and recover. That time gets the most wetness off of my hair and allows me to settle after the bath makes my pulse and heart rate go up. I don't understand how most people can get out of a bath or shower and just go on with their life. I often need a nap after a bath on the weekends, when I don't have to go to work. I only get a bath every other day usually because every day is just too much sensory overload.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

I usually struggle to motivate myself to get in the shower every day. I hate it. I don't like feeling "dirty" though, so I try to push myself to get a shower even when I don't want to. I'm not sure what my issue with it is, maybe it is because I dislike being without clothes and also being really cold when I get out.

I never liked baths. Maybe it is because the bathtub where I live is tiny, but it has always felt really weird to me personally.

spaceone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2017, 6:15 pm

I prefer baths, but they take forever so its mostly a once in a while pleasure thing for me (like smoke a joint and then soak in the bath for a while). I don't like showering much because I am fond of my natural oils and I hate feeling like they have been completely stripped from me.

As for those of you who think baths are unhygienic, put soap in the water. It kills bacteria, also then you get a bubble bath.

Mr SmokeTooMuch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Dec 2017, 6:46 pm

I don’ like either. But shower is better.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2017, 3:41 pm

I tend to like baths as a way to relax before going to bed sometimes, but a shower is what I prefer for getting clean in the morning before going to work.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

when my drain gets hair-clogged [too damned often] I enjoy the best of both worlds. :|

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:02 pm

spaceone wrote:
As for those of you who think baths are unhygienic, put soap in the water. It kills bacteria, also then you get a bubble bath.

The soap is what makes me feel dirty after a bath - it sticks to your body, like some kind of oil or syrup. Makes the skin all sticky and "sweaty". And leaves artificial smell.

During a shower I make sure to properly rinse all the soap/shampoo/whatever with fresh water. With bath you can't do it - unless you use shower afterwards. And the water is often cold at that time because you used all warm water to fill the bathtub.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:08 pm

I take a hot bath with lavender and pikaki oil, at the end of the day/before going to sleep, which relaxes me beyond measure...

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:15 pm

The trouble with my shower is I have to turn round to get my back wet. Also how do you clean your back in the shower? Do you use one of those back scrubbers? At the moment I take showers mixed in with a bath from time to time to make sure my back at least gets a wash of a kind in a bubble bath(that's supposed to cleanse you).