Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 12:09 am

blackicmenace wrote:
hale_bopp please report whoever is threatening you, to those that can take action against that uncivilized criminal behavior! You don't have to accept that mistreatment!

He’s an actual raving lunatic/psychopath with restraining orders against him.

He would PM women from here hitting on them and hurl abuse at them when he found out they were married or dating. The police won’t do anything unless he turns up at my door. I think he might have moved away from my area now, so it’s unlikely going to be an issue. You can’t reason with crazy people. You have to just leave it.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 12:57 am

hale_bopp wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
hale_bopp please report whoever is threatening you, to those that can take action against that uncivilized criminal behavior! You don't have to accept that mistreatment!

He would PM women from here hitting on them and hurl abuse at them when he found out they were married or dating. The police won’t do anything unless he turns up at my door. I think he might have moved away from my area now, so it’s unlikely going to be an issue. You can’t reason with crazy people. You have to just leave it.

I am so sorry you've had to deal with that sort of nonsense. It's disheartening when people can't treat others with some resemblance of respect. It really is awful that the system is so reactive rather than proactive if he was issuing death threats and acts of violence.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 3:38 am

kdm1984 wrote:
Several of you bring up traditional attractiveness, and I think this is a good point.

It is strongly believed by most in the conservative Judeo-Christian community that women should be modest and not attempt to get into jobs where they have lots of power or attempt to use their looks to get ahead. There are many Biblical passages used in support for these views. Women who attempt to go beyond those boundaries are considering tempting to men, and put themselves at much greater risk for harassment.

This is why I find it especially surprising that CG is whining when he's an atheist. He not only incorrectly assumed I was some raging feminist, but he thinks his peculiar worldview -- atheism and anti-feminism -- is somehow coherent. Actually, most liberal atheists are the raging feminists, not conservative Christians. Because of the collapse of Judeo-Christian foundations, we now have rampant harassment claims in the West. It's HIS worldview that is the cause for all the women problems he sulked about here, not mine. My worldview understands women's proper role and place in the world, as God commanded it.

Or maybe because there is a problem of harassment we have lots of harassment claims. I am glad you have not been sexually harassed...but that doesn't mean most other women are exaggerating about it. Unfortunately it is very common most women do get sexually harassed at least once in their life. I doubt its a lack of judeo-christian foundations that causes people to report sexual harassment.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 4:08 am

blackicmenace wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

I am so sorry you've had to deal with that sort of nonsense. It's disheartening when people can't treat others with some resemblance of respect. It really is awful that the system is so reactive rather than proactive if he was issuing death threats and acts of violence.

It doesn’t bother me. The only thing I cannot deal with is when people gang up on you.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Jan 2018, 6:46 am

hale_bopp wrote:
That's not including the creep from here who sends me rape and death threats on a regular basis for the past 10 years. I don't really care about that, I just ignore his messages. You have to expect internet people will be like that.

Ouch, you get it worse, I have only one guy constantly sending me nonsense about dating, repeating the same statement over again and again.
Annoying, but nonsense is not a "proper" harassement for me.

Yeah, I also remember a guy masturbating on a seat opposite to me on a train :/ Fairly disgusting, a bit disturbing but I didn't even remember this until you mentioned the guy on the street.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 3:38 pm

magz wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
That's not including the creep from here who sends me rape and death threats on a regular basis for the past 10 years. I don't really care about that, I just ignore his messages. You have to expect internet people will be like that.

Ouch, you get it worse, I have only one guy constantly sending me nonsense about dating, repeating the same statement over again and again.
Annoying, but nonsense is not a "proper" harassement for me.

Yeah, I also remember a guy masturbating on a seat opposite to me on a train :/ Fairly disgusting, a bit disturbing but I didn't even remember this until you mentioned the guy on the street.

Yeah I get some weird private messages about nothing on here as well, I wonder what the point of sending them is. I don’t have a clue what they are talking about or why they’re sending it to me.

Kiryoku1428
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2018, 11:22 pm

I have been wondering about this myself. I've never been harassed (or, possibly depending on how lenient of a definition of "harassed" we go with, I may have not noticed minor harassment). Nor asked out, and only once or twice flirted with in a generic, passing way. I've never been bullied, though possibly one girl tried. For me, I think it's a combination of radiating a "don't mess with me/not interested" vibe, dressing modestly and often unisex, and not having an interest in hanging out at places like bars or dark streets.

However, for women who do get harassed I think it's a combination of living in a densely populated area (more opportunities to come across harassers), dressing feminine, lack of confidence, hanging out in the wrong places at the wrong hours, perhaps trying too hard to advance at work and happen to have a douche for a boss (I often hear about supervisors taking advantage of ambitious women), and using "harassment" for minor things that some of us would never think to consider as harassment. I have a habit of thinking of harassment as something physically threatening, but I suppose to others anything sexually suggestive--even as a joke--can be crossing the line. In that sense, I can see how much some people will seem to exaggerate while others will just ignore and forget.

And, of course, luck. I'm sure you do everything right to avoid harassment and still come across the wrong guy.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2018, 1:49 am

I have PTSD from being in a really bad domestic violence situation for years. I had my bones broken on multiple occasions, I was sexually assaulted countless times (usually multiple times a day), I had guns pointed at me and knives held to my throat, I was subjected to starvation. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. My palms are sweaty from having typed this much about it.

It's not stuff that happens to everyone but it does happen to some of us, and it's not easy to come forward about. I know that people see so many claims of harassment and assault, and as a result they start to ignore them or discount them, but these things do happen to people.

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2018, 8:53 am

The reason is the majority of these women are lying about their experiences in the "MeToo" movement, making it seem like every single woman just can't leave her house without the terrible men coming around like dogs!

I'm going to be completely honest. I am 5'7", 150lbs, I have that white bleached hair thing going on, I do my makeup well and I am generally pretty attractive. I have been scouted as a model before (not trying to brag, just putting things in context).

With all of that, I can count on one hand the number of times a man has been untoward to me. I've never been raped, or stalked. I've been catcalled on occasion and groped a couple times in clubs.

Its not about who is prettier, its about feminists lying or exaggerating their stories to advance their own agenda and make themselves feel more "desired" ("men just can't keep their hands off me!").

When it comes to these instances, sexual predators don't pick based on how good you look, they pick based off of who they think is an easy target. If you've never been harassed, it is likely you have an air of "don't f**k with me"; which is good when staying safe from legit predators.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 1:17 pm

Disconaut wrote:
The reason is the majority of these women are lying about their experiences in the "MeToo" movement, making it seem like every single woman just can't leave her house without the terrible men coming around like dogs!

I'm going to be completely honest. I am 5'7", 150lbs, I have that white bleached hair thing going on, I do my makeup well and I am generally pretty attractive. I have been scouted as a model before (not trying to brag, just putting things in context).

With all of that, I can count on one hand the number of times a man has been untoward to me. I've never been raped, or stalked. I've been catcalled on occasion and groped a couple times in clubs.

Its not about who is prettier, its about feminists lying or exaggerating their stories to advance their own agenda and make themselves feel more "desired" ("men just can't keep their hands off me!").

When it comes to these instances, sexual predators don't pick based on how good you look, they pick based off of who they think is an easy target. If you've never been harassed, it is likely you have an air of "don't f**k with me"; which is good when staying safe from legit predators.

I am a guy so take this response the way you want but being around guys for 60 years I think there is a lot of truth to the #MeToo movement. Two things to keep in mind a lot of these claims come from the entertainment industry and from back in the day and often these charges are against old guyswhonstarted their careers in a different era.
The work places when I started out in the 1980’s were misogynistic. Strippers on favored employers birthdays and holidays, bosses talking to women about what they wanted to do sexually to them in front of everybody etc. When guys talked about females often it was not all that different the the Access Hollywood tape. The entertaiment industry has long been known for its Sodom and Gomorrah atmosphere. It was very much out in the open a lot of the popular songs referenced this stuff. Books and autobographies discussed teen groupies, rock stars were admired by guys exactly for this.

Of course there were and are women that sleep their way to the top and enjoy the game.

There are SJW feminists that think all men are born rapists and that is the defining feature of men. They have spotted a golden opportunity and are taking full advantage of #MeToo to spread their misandry. There are women taking advantage of this purely for finiancial gain. These blackmailers and men haters should not be allowed to define the movement and validate women haters, creeps, and pervs.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm

Disconaut wrote:

Wow...the hundreds of thousands of women involved in the "MeToo" movement, and you personally find nothing wrong with stating as a fact that the majority of them are lying.

That tells me a great deal about you, and not a single thing about the level of truth in the "MeToo" movement.

#MeToo

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2018, 5:11 pm

You sound so disappointed in the fact that you have not been harassed. Young woman, you should be grateful.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 4:42 am

Some people consider a cat call harassment. It’s completely subjective, but some people may actually feel threatened by that. I don’t, for which I’m fortunate for.

Some people probably milk it for all it’s worth but I’d say they’re in the minority, and probably have narcissistic personality disorder.

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2018, 5:00 am

MissChess wrote:
Disconaut wrote:

Wow...the hundreds of thousands of women involved in the "MeToo" movement, and you personally find nothing wrong with stating as a fact that the majority of them are lying.

That tells me a great deal about you, and not a single thing about the level of truth in the "MeToo" movement.

#MeToo

That's nothing more than an appeal to popularity. Just because a bunch of people say its true, doesn't mean it is. There is social benefit to saying you were sexually assaulted. Sexual assault seems to be the only crime you aren't expected to prove.

How can you state as fact they aren't lying? The burden of proof lies on the one making the claim - and I've yet to hear any proof. If you're going to accuse someone of sexual assault, you damn well better have evidence. Otherwise, no, I won't "listen and believe".

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 7:04 am

I guess that this is all part of a swinging pendulum...
I hope that the middle ground will be balanced, because the hype and sensationalism seems to be undermining the real lived stories, like a desensitisation effect.
I think these discussions should be more respectful on all sides, instead of this undermining petty point scoring attitude.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm

Disconaut wrote:
That's nothing more than an appeal to popularity. Just because a bunch of people say its true, doesn't mean it is. There is social benefit to saying you were sexually assaulted. Sexual assault seems to be the only crime you aren't expected to prove.

How can you state as fact they aren't lying? The burden of proof lies on the one making the claim - and I've yet to hear any proof. If you're going to accuse someone of sexual assault, you damn well better have evidence. Otherwise, no, I won't "listen and believe"

How are you going to produce evidence of incidents that happened prior to smartphones and cameras and recorders everywhere? This stuff often happened in private offices and if the abuser talked the abused into their home so very often it is a "he said she said" type situation. If you have more people coming forward against a person more chance that it actually happened.

Amity wrote:
I guess that this is all part of a swinging pendulum...
I hope that the middle ground will be balanced, because the hype and sensationalism seems to be undermining the real lived stories, like a desensitisation effect.
I think these discussions should be more respectful on all sides, instead of this undermining petty point scoring attitude.

^^^^
This
Also while all sexual abuse should have consequences there should be a difference in how a person who was too literally hands on a few times should be punished and a person who behaved liked Harvey Weinstein be punished.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman