Don't care 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Hate it 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 12:31 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I also knew two cats who were fascinated by water, but in different ways. For after dinner entertainment, we'd just put down a saucer of water. One cat would creep up on it, and see the reflected cat. A quick bat of the paw would banish the intruder for a while, but then it would come back for another round. The other cat never got that close. It would see these silvery beads appear on the carpet, and then, just as she got whisker - close, they'd melt away, confounding her every time. It was as much fun as giving a raccoon his first sugar cube.

Actual street name in Paris.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:10 pm

I find water fascinating and I always did. It was much stronger when I were a child though. I still like looking at rivers and such and touching the water but when I were a young child I literally had to approach every water source within my sight. And get wet... just to have a sensory meltdown. :lol: It took a while for me to know better.

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2017, 2:26 pm

I love fountains. When I last went to Vegas, I was mesmerized by the Bellagio fountains and could have watched them all day. Other than that, I hate water. Mostly because it's my main sensory issue. Well, that and I have a weird quirk (one I've never heard anybody else ever having) where I can't drink plain/pure water. I literally gag on it.

What I'm fascinated by is ICE. I adore ice. It is gorgeous! One of my favorite things about winter is pulling off icicles from roofs and smashing them to the ground. I could watch ice sculptures forever. I love seeing ice shatter. It's just so beautiful. I also love seeing waterfalls frozen. I think I've always loved ice. I remember as a toddler one of my favorite Tom & Jerry episodes was the one where Tom floods the basement and freezes it and Jerry ice skates on the floor.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 3:56 pm

There is something slightly soothing about watching rain drops fall on lakes or rivers, rippling across the water in a crisp air. I love watching the ripples in the water, much like I enjoy watching string strum fast... the blur of movement you see when you spin rope or string, or strum a plastic band/ piece of string as it wobbles up and down before once again settling. Watching it can almost be hypnotic, it's almost calming.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:15 pm

I wouldn't say that I enjoy, very much, BEING in the water. I am able to swim, and sometimes feel pretty good in the water----but nothing special, really.

But, I'm similar to Lost Dragon in that I enjoy watching waterfalls, and feel that a steady rain in a beautiful area (while indoors) is romantic, indeed. I like watching the Tempest of the Sea. It's very poetic contemplating how water affects Nature, how profound an effect it has on it.