Does this sort of thing happen to you too?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:22 pm

Yesterday I was at the movies, heading for the exit, and not paying attention to my surroundings I walked at full speed (I am a brisk walker) right into a plexiglass window. I hit face first and had bleeding from both nostrils, and for a moment I thought I broke my nose.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:43 pm

Ouch! I'm always blundering into things, but usually not to the point of bleeding... Feel better!

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

It still feels a little stiff, but no brusing or swelling so clearly not broken.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 7:10 pm

All the time. I mangled my shin on a square brick pillar with an outcropping last night. Walked right into it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 7:12 pm

This happens to me, usually, when there's a glass revolving door.

I've also bumped into poles previously.

I was once knocked unconscious trying to catch a football because I didn't see the pole that was right (in back) of me.

spaceone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2017, 7:17 pm

Yep, usually with either street signs when I'm walking down the street, or low hanging things such as tree branches or camping lights.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2017, 7:37 pm

Doorways are my crux. I think half my mystery bruises come from slamming into doorframes.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 7:50 pm

The weird part is: I don't bruise, until the injury is not painful any more.

I've got a weird body!

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 10:40 pm

Yep :oops:
Notable occasion was outside a shopping centre, I was looking up at the sign of the place which had a huge tree on it - and walked right into a knee-high pole, the only reason for the presence of which I imagine was to prevent ram-raids. Why else would anyone install knee-high poles outside a shopping centre?!
People laughed.
Otherwise it's doorframes. I seem to misjudge and crash into doorframes a lot.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm

AceofPens wrote:
Doorways are my crux. I think half my mystery bruises come from slamming into doorframes.
Mine too. I've always attributed it to the fact that I have no depth perception. But maybe not?

I also fell down the last two steps at the train station recently. I feel I got off lucky as I only skinned my knee a bit. My pride was hurt more, especially as some people there laughed.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:18 pm

I have walked into poles tons of times. I walked into the linen closet door before and I routinely walk into the corners of my hallway. When I was in 7th grade I walked into the turnstile at the college library while on a school field trip. I got a huge bruise on the back of my thigh as a result. I bump into tables a lot too.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 11:18 am

I sometimes catch my jumper on a door handle and even got holes in a few of my jumpers like that. :?

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:45 pm

Oh yes. I'm usually covered in bruises and grazes from door frames, furniture, tripping on kerbs, snagging sleeves, keychains and pockets on things etc. When I was smaller, I was also known to run into mirrors (when you play "chicken" with your own reflection, the mirror always wins!) If I'm doing some DIY under a desk or sink, I am guaranteed to try standing up before backing out far enough at least once.

I am absolutely certain that coffee tables were invented by the devil purely to torment my shins and toes! :lol:

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:47 pm

Ok looks like a very common Aspie/Autie thing. With me its much more not paying attention to my surroundings then it is clumsiness per say.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
All the time. I mangled my shin on a square brick pillar with an outcropping last night. Walked right into it.

Question for you EraS. When you say nonverbal does that mean that you are unable to talk at all? As in that part of your brain never developed properly? Because speech (using your mouth to make sounds) and language are not the same, and not controlled by the same areas of the brain. What we are doing right now over the internet is language, and that part of you seems to have developed normally.