Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 3:43 am

Do anyone know where to buy boxes? Home Depot is expensive.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 3:45 am

like...big plastic rubbermaid containers for storing stuff or corrugated cardboard disposable boxes?

i THINK some larger office supply stores carry the former, at least the ones here do. department stores as well, but not sure where you would buy cardboard boxes in bulk.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 4:39 pm

Do you mean the cardboard boxes, if so, are you near any book shops, or other shops that have things delivered to them in big cardboard boxes. Go and ask them a little in advance. If they have them they will be happy to get rid of them, take them folded (they will be easier to carry), and buy a roll of brown tape for when you pop them back up again. I did all my moving with the ones I got from the bookshop I was working in at the time, but lots of people came in and asked for them. Shops have to pay to get rid of their cardboard so are usually happy for someone to take it away for free.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 6:12 pm

^^ Seconding the bookstore suggestion because books are so heavy that the boxes they're shipped in are extra sturdy. Even more of a bonus for you!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 9:56 pm

Yes, I want cardboard boxes. I don’t know any book store around here.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm

USPS will send you out as many boxes you want for free or they did... I done that a few times, to get a small cut of my tax money before the FSA gets it.

Looks like they still do, limit is now 25 and smaller boxes.