Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 5:51 am

Seems like he realeased some pretty interesting stuff but as far as I know he had some opiate addiction and that is what eventually killed him...am I right or is there more to it? I remember he played his role pretty good in The Crow, sad movie since the main actor died in the making but yeah that is really the first acting role I saw him in.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 6:41 am

Iggy Pop isn't dead.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 6:53 am

HighLlama wrote:
Iggy Pop isn't dead.

Uhh I totally thought he was, I guess I made myself kind of an ass than...but yeah I thoght he had died for some reason, I mean Ozzy is still around I guess i figured someone like Iggy Pop wouldn't die till after Dio or Ozzy.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 6:58 am

Well, he probably should be dead, considering his drug use :) So it's understandable. On a lighter note:

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2017, 7:53 am

He's been free of drugs for many years now. He turned 70 a couple of weeks ago, and he's managed to outlive his contemporaries David Bowie and Lou Reed.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2017, 11:11 am

Iggy Pop is still very much with us and I hope that he'll be around for a good while yet. I saw him with the Stooges back in 2010 and they played the whole Raw Power album as part of their set. Check out that album if you've never heard it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 12:55 am

Here's an Iggy Pop fun fact: He has a degree in history, and had even published a paper on the Roman Emperors. How's that for such a hard rocker?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 5:31 am

Lol still feel kind of dumb about thinking he was dead....I was rather drunk when I posted this, some of his music came on the David Bowie radio on spotify I had put on and so just had to post something about it. Either way good artist for sure.

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2018, 2:50 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Lol still feel kind of dumb about thinking he was dead....I was rather drunk when I posted this, some of his music came on the David Bowie radio on spotify I had put on and so just had to post something about it. Either way good artist for sure.

lol anyway, lately I've been listening to his live show for Post Pop Depression that is on Spotify, something about him with half of Qotsa playing with him it just makes me feel great everytime :mrgreen:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

His latest album is his best in quite a while imo

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

Yesterday I woke up singing Sunday.. on sunday.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 7:33 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

I've thought lots of famous people were dead only to find out otherwise. I wonder if it's a little bit like the Mandela effect?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard