Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

Jazz | Jazz Sub-genres | Jazz Fusion | +
_____

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:10 pm

Ah, I was going nutz looking for this thread! Thank you for reviving it.

(I'm an emotional listener, like I'm an emotional eater - can't cook unless I'm enthused about it. Annoying. So I saw your thread before, but I was in classical music mode and could not come up with anything to post! I suspect I'll be making up the deficit now.)

The one, the only, the absolutely magnificent Diana Krall:

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:11 pm

I love this early, instrumental version of Zappa's "Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance." It sounds like something you might hear on the old Batman TV show.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:15 pm

And here is the late, great Mr. Cole's little girl... the lyrics on this knock my socks off.

And the original Frim Fram Sauce, by Himself.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 24 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:21 pm

Hard to find the entire track on YouTube - everyone cuts it off at about 7 minutes in.
(Some of these are cross posted from the other music thread. Hope that won't be a problem.)

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

Thanks for all^, thus far! I have to be somewhere, shortly, but, looking most forward to listening to what you've both shared, upon returning! EW, not a problem in my book, to cross post. Thank you for your consideration, however!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

Joshua Redman. First thing I ever heard of his.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 5:53 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 6:37 pm

This is a cross-post from the *other* other song thread, but it really belongs here. This just melts my heart, they're so cute together.

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 24 Dec 2017, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 6:40 pm

I'll have to check these out, Esmerelda. Jazz is obviously your passion!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 6:48 pm

^^ I was a jazz nut by the time I was about six years old. Caught it from my father, bless him.

(Didn't you post Song for My Father on the other thread? Could you bring that here?)

(Edit in: that soundtrack: WOW. I don't have a TV, so I've missed a few things.)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 12:18 am

Merry Christmas!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 4:36 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
^^ I was a jazz nut by the time I was about six years old. Caught it from my father, bless him.

(Didn't you post Song for My Father on the other thread? Could you bring that here?)

(Edit in: that soundtrack: WOW. I don't have a TV, so I've missed a few things.)

Yep, here you go :)

And since they made use of that bass line:

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 7:07 am

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 7:09 am