Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pumpkin_Prince
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2018, 1:43 am

Hey all! I was wondering if any other teens here had any weird issues with food still, I’ve seen a lot of people say that they grow out of their food issues but for me it just gets worse with time.

For me I eat mostly fish, chicken, and rice. I’ve been forcing myself to eat fish because of the nutrients and it’s actually not too bad. I can’t stand any red meat (cause of my anemia probably :S) I’m fine with most vegetables and fruits but I cannot stand dairy most of the time, I think the only dairy product I like is ice cream because its so sweet. I can’t do most sauces either because of the texture. Anything that tastes smoky or like pork makes me sick.

What about you guys?

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2018, 2:31 am

Hello, I have many food issues. In fact, when I was in second grade we were given the entire class period to write a list of our likes and dislikes. I started with the dislikes (bad idea) and never got to the likes because I was still working on the dislikes when time was up. I should probably mention that out of the 5 something things I came up with, at least 30 were some specific food item (and I was still writing them). I believe that if I were to o finish that list now, I would probably be about the same stuff, I have been adamant in my dislike of many foods, my favorites cycle through the years though. Among my dislikes (these are my most hated) mayonnaise, mustard, onions, okra, tomatoes, squash, grouper, clam, oyster, and any ice cream that isn’t vanilla, cookies and cream, or chocolate chip cookie dough. That’s just the tip of the ice berg. I love Pork chop, bacon, shrimp, Cookies and cream ice cream, peanut butter (not crunchy) sandwiches on honey wheat bread, crescent rolls, maruchan ramen noodles, and fried catfish.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

KatieisaStrangeCreature
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2018, 5:52 pm

I'm a picky eater, too! I will not want to eat an apple if it's mushy, I don't like most meats, (which makes being a vegetarian pretty easy, I've never tried any fish or mushrooms and don't intend to. If you put a new food in front of me to try, there is an extremely low chance I will actually like it. I also only recently started eating Macaroni and Cheese that wasn't Kraft Mac and Cheese Dinner, which my family nicknames Blue Box.

Allmarkha
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2018, 2:11 am

Yes I am a picky eater! I have very many foods I do not like, both because of texture and taste. I don't like any meat, but like you I especially hate red meat. If I had to I could eat chicken I think, I've never tried fish so I'm not sure about that. I dislike most vegetables, they taste really bitter to me. And like you said I really don't like any sauces. I used to not like salsa because it was too spicy, but I taught my self to like it because I didn't hate the taste, but I don't think that really counts. I hate chicken stock and stuff like that almost more than I hate chicken. I really don't like savory foods. There's some other foods I don't really like because of texture like rice and mashed potatoes. I'm 19 now but I don't think I'll ever "grow out of" these food preferences. I usually only eat off of the kids menu at restaurants which is a little embarrassing, but adult meals have too big of portion sizes anyways. I am trying to add some things that I don't hate to my diet, but I'm not sure how well it will work. I try to get a balanced diet with the food I eat, but people always want to interrogate me about it. I wish food wasn't so hard for me, but I also kinda feel like my food preferences are part of who I am. I mostly like bland foods. I love most fruit and cheese pizza is like my favorite thing ever. Simple pasta like macaroni and cheese is good, and I eat a lot of peanut butter. My food preferences are one of the things that cause me the most anxiety, especially about traveling, but it's nice to know that there are other people who understand.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 10:35 am

Yeah, I am picky about the texture and the taste of the food.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on January 9, 2018)

sneaky snek
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2018, 4:45 am

I don't think I have texture issues with food but I've always been afraid of new foods and things that aren't plain. Maybe my issue with pizza sauce is a texture thing too but mostly it's that its sauce and tomatoes. Sauce is the Worst. Also when foods touch, although since I'm on my own now it isn't really a problem cause I just eat one thing at a time.
When I learned about the concept of "samefood" it was nice cause I relate so much.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2018, 2:52 pm

Welcome to Wrongplanet Allmarkha and sneaky snek!

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2018, 8:23 pm

eh, not really. I absolutely hate carrots, unless they are the mixed bags of frozen peas & carrots at the grocery store. Also not really a big fan of the Couscous my mom used to make. I don't really like Beets either, because they just taste like dirt. That's honestly about it in terms of dislikes.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:39 am

Yep. It annoys my family to no end. Even the way I eat. It's always "You're an adult now, act like it", and "I thought you would've grown out of your issues by now". :x

An article that may be of interest: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 180953456/

erijon3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2018, 7:43 pm

You're more cautious about food if your brain believes it might be unsafe to eat it. Four advice:
1. Tell yourself it isn't actually dangerous and that you should just eat it.
2. Just do it. If you've done it once it may get easier the second time, as your brain might've realized nothing bad happened.
3. Let the exotic eater in you flow, and embrace new and exciting foods.
4. Try being that guy who can eat anything, not being a p****. And take pride in it.

I am diagnosed with Asperger's though I do doubt I actually have it.

I'm amazed noone here has called me edgy yet.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 1:28 pm

I totally am. If it is not sweet or savory you probably won't find me eating it. My least favorite food is vegtables. My favorite foods are Waffles, Cakes, Sweets, Ice Cream, Pizza, and Chicken Nuggets/Tenders.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2018, 9:18 am

I used to be a picky eater as a child, but I'm not that way now.

Orion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2018, 3:51 pm

I'm very picky as well. There are foods I like that I want every night, mostly high carbs and with dairy. I went to a camp once where we got to live on a college campus and decided our own meals so I just had a bagel with cream cheese and muffin for breakfast and a cheese quesadillas the for lunch for over a month. I also love grilled cheese and pasta. I can't stand adding things to my foods if a restaurant adds something to my quesadilla (like vegetables) by mistake I have to send it back or hand remove it. I hate most sauces but not all, and I love sour cream with my quesadillas. I have texture issues with mashed potatoes, but not with a lot of things with the same texture such as sweet potatoes or pumpkin pie for some reason. I'm also a vegetarian, but that's for ethical reasons. These have all been pretty set from when I was a little kid to now (I'm currently 16).

lucas173451
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2018, 12:38 pm

Only slightly.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2018, 9:35 pm

It's kinda embarrassing to admit but I'm still a picky eater at 19 years old. Everyone thought I'd grow out of it but I never really did. What bothers me about certain foods is the texture, taste, and my gag reflex. Whenever I try something I don't like, not only does it taste bad but I also gag and then my eyes get all watery. This is why I refuse to try certain food because this reaction is so embarrassing for me to have in front of people. it triggers my social anxiety. The foods I hate are peppers, tomatoes (but not ketchup), canned tuna, cooked vegetables, sausages (except hot dogs), eggplant and most things with spices. Don't get me wrong, I still eat healthy. I like my vegetables ground up into a fruit smoothie so that I can't taste them. I do treadmill too. My favorite foods are caesar salad, pizza, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, sushi, ramen, ice cream, popcorn, and cabbage salads with salt,lemon, and oil. Some people think that my picky eating is childish. It's not childish to dislike food because of sensory issues that make it difficult to try new things without feeling like you're gonna puke. It's only childish to throw tantrums about it, which I don't do. We're human. We're allowed to have our own likes and dislikes for food without people complaining about it. Picky eating isn't just a childhood thing. Lots of teens and adults are picky eaters. Try to be less judgmental and more understanding of us.

Sensei Processor

08 Nov 2018, 12:34 am

Yeah, for sure. Vegetables cut up real tiny, by themselves or mixed with anything. Anything dry that isn't thin and crunchy. Tiny bits of flour that didn't properly mix into the pancake batter, ouch! Ketchup, pickles, bananas, anything containing them? no thanks! But nothing is worse than mashed potatoes, or boiled potatoes, or really any potato that isn't super thin and crunchy (aka chips and fries). It's like a spiky cotton ball that bursts into a bunch of tiny pieces and then proceeds to attack all inches of your mouth. Just try and swallow it without it touching your lips, teeth, tongue, roof of mouth, sides of mouth, or throat, and you might make it through dinner alive. Lol.

There's lots of other foods I don't eat aside from the ones listed above, but that's mostly related to a stubbornness surrounding new things.