Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:08 am

goodness gracious it is so far beyond my speculation. i gave it a few minutes thought but i can not even touch the beginning of an idea.

so the quantum translocation in my way of referring to it is the possibility for something to disappear from one location and reappear instantaneously in another location no matter how far away, and the same happens for the matter in the destination location.
it has to obey some law i am not aware of which is like a conservation of occupation.
if it was a one way "relocation", then any particle that currently occupies that location would be instantaneously displaced and either disappear (as well as what was relocated there) or release huge amounts of energy.
maybe what would happen is they would both be ripped apart until an equilibrium of location is again arrived at.

i think it is a trading of existence of locii between 2 entities that each occupy the others destination that is what i call a translocation.

i always thought there is a universal "now" instant that is the same through out the universe.
it may take us 50,000 years to become aware in any way of even a "local" supernova, but that is because in the electromagnetic world of perception it takes time for the information we can sense of the event to become apparent.

but the fact it it really did happen at the same "now" instant all throughout the universe.

something immense is probably happening today that electromagnetic information of which will take 1 million years to get here.
so this universal time constant runs beyond the electromagnetic understanding of the universe we rely on.

how would one focus the translocation site if it was 3 million light years away?
it would have to rely on a parallax stereoscopic focus on that point which is impossible even with 2 telescopes at the 2 opposing points of pluto's orbit.

maybe brachiation will be the mechanism used. a simple description of that is you progressively widen your observation bases by projecting in a widening angle to distances that are achievable.
and then continue doing that to exponentially broaden your stereoscopic field.

but how do you prepare a deliberate group of atoms for a quantum translocation, and how do you inculcate one?

i think it will take evolution of intelligence quite a while to be able to truly consider the solutions to that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:14 am

i'm also reminded of an old sci-fi trope, that a person that exists out of his natural timeline cannot live long, because his body as it was at the time of his or her birth was an integral part of a supportive matrix, all the atoms and subatomic particles line up one particular way, and different times/places in distant space are liable to have diametrically opposite subatomic alignments, a terminal incompatibility rather like a weaker version of the annihilation resulting from combining matter and antimatter. so because of the way the universe/metaverse is constructed, mankind must be deterred one way or another, by inherent constitutional limitations and also by the distances/technological barriers involved, from leaving his formative sandbox.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
i'm also reminded of an old sci-fi trope, that a person that exists out of his natural timeline cannot live long, because his body as it was at the time of his or her birth was an integral part of a supportive matrix, all the atoms and subatomic particles line up one particular way, and different times/places in distant space are liable to have diametrically opposite subatomic alignments, a terminal incompatibility rather like a weaker version of the annihilation resulting from combining matter and antimatter. so because of the way the universe/metaverse is constructed, mankind must be deterred one way or another, by inherent constitutional limitations and also by the distances/technological barriers involved, from leaving his formative sandbox.

you really have a keen wit. that was very well said. almost prose like but pertinent.

i always thought concerning time travel, that if one suddenly appeared in a world that was fully occupied with other matter (including air), then they would be somehow entangled in it and an explosion would result.
the first thought i ever had about it when i was about 10 was "what if the guy re materialized in a space already occupied by a giant sequoia tree?" wow what a problem.
but then i thought "even air is substantial, so even if they re materialized on the top of the clearest peruvian mountain, they would instantly be destroyed in a spectacular fashion".

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:37 am

auntblabby wrote:

that is a beautiful song. melodically it is impeccable.
i played it myself
edit: my version is very basic and not worthy of display.

Last edited by b9 on 15 Jan 2018, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:42 am

I don't know the truth or falsity of this American ww2 legend, but that there were some Tesla-inspired experiments aboard a naval ship trying to use powerful magnetism to cloak its presence in the water, resulted in unfortunate sailors ending up being unintentionally teleported in time and space in a haphazard way, with many ending up embedded in bulkheads and such, and most of the rest out of their minds in terminal disorientation. a horror story for sure. I know Uncle Sam hides many things from us amuuricans who "can't handle the truth" about many things of substance or even about comparatively trivial things. so I tend to think "where there's smoke...." I shudder to think of future astronauts running into comparable hazards in the course of learning how to be light-speed spacefarers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:45 am

of "occupants," Richard Carpenter heard the song on an earlier Klaatu record and decided to try and add more polish to their version. I've seen the [Klaatu] record here and there on amazon and ebay.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 2:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
of "occupants," Richard Carpenter heard the song on an earlier Klaatu record and decided to try and add more polish to their version. I've seen the [Klaatu] record here and there on amazon and ebay.

richard carpenter is a masterful musician.

i wanted to find a clip of jimi hendrix's "up from the skies" and was thwarted by the censorship of it. no original version on you tube.

then i went looking for "laughing sam's dice" but also it is unavailable.

i've got them on my pc but i am not prepared to risk litigation uploading it, but they are also great songs.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 2:12 am

I wonder what woulda happened to Jimi had he just come home to Seattle and avoided the bad influences. I know he pondered the universe and mankind's place in it.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 2:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
I wonder what woulda happened to Jimi had he just come home to Seattle and avoided the bad influences. I know he pondered the universe and mankind's place in it.

oh he charted it as well.
his life was destined to be the way it was.
he took too many sleeping pills and washed it down with too much alcohol and i think it was monika who called the ambulance, and i also heard they propped his head up while he was vomiting which caused him to inhale it and die.

do you have a copy of either of the 2 songs i mentioned?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 3:19 am

I don't have any Hendrix in my music collection, I haven't really heard to much of his music [as i'm into classical, jazz and showtunes, in general].

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 4:31 am

I have the Hendrix song on Vinyl (on "Axis: Bold as Love"). Cool song. Ricki Lee Jones does an interesting jazz cover of it.

Downloaded the Carpenter's version of the "Calling All..." years ago, and have heard the Klaatu version through headphones at used record stores that let you audition vinyls. The Carpenters version is probably better. Never heard of the "Sam's Dice" song.

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2018, 3:02 pm

I like the Carpenters' song, and I agree with its sentiments. I had no idea about that side of the amazing Carpenters. I couldn't believe it when I heard the expression "interstellar police". Yes, but, as I said, if, within traveling or communicating distance, there were anyone inclined to explore and help, we'd have heard from someone long before now.

So there won't be any help.

Of course, as a species, we've shown that we can't help ourselves, and the world we've made for ourselves is the Land of the Lost.

But that's just one possibility-world, out of infinitely-many. For some reason we were born into a pathological societal world this time. Naturally we do our best, but, in broader perspective, it's just one possibility-story. So we just have to try to stay out of the rulers' way, and, as best possible, maintain a reasonably peaceful and satisfactory life, to make the best of it while in it.

Michael829

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 3:10 pm

Michael829 wrote:
I like the Carpenters' song, and I agree with its sentiments. I had no idea about that side of the amazing Carpenters. I couldn't believe it when I heard the expression "interstellar police". Yes, but, as I said, if, within traveling or communicating distance, there were anyone inclined to explore and help, we'd have heard from someone long before now. So there won't be any help.

I beg to differ on that - google it- there were numerous citations by ex-military, of [American] nuclear misadventures being interrupted by unknown [not of this earth] parties. some say it was Ooofohs, some say it was angelic intervention, some just can't say what it was, take your pick.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 3:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I don't know the truth or falsity of this American ww2 legend, but that there were some Tesla-inspired experiments aboard a naval ship trying to use powerful magnetism to cloak its presence in the water, resulted in unfortunate sailors ending up being unintentionally teleported in time and space in a haphazard way, with many ending up embedded in bulkheads and such, and most of the rest out of their minds in terminal disorientation. a horror story for sure. I know Uncle Sam hides many things from us amuuricans who "can't handle the truth" about many things of substance or even about comparatively trivial things. so I tend to think "where there's smoke...." I shudder to think of future astronauts running into comparable hazards in the course of learning how to be light-speed spacefarers.

The Philadelphia Experiment

Fiction novels have been written about it, and fiction novels claiming to be nonfiction have been written about it. Lol!

Today, with the biggest particle colliders, can get some subatomic particles to age more slowly than they would normally. That's the closest thing to "time travel" that modern physics can do today. So am skeptical that back in the 1940's they were able to get a 2000 ton navy destroyer and it's crew to dance around back and forth in time.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 3:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Michael829 wrote:
I like the Carpenters' song, and I agree with its sentiments. I had no idea about that side of the amazing Carpenters. I couldn't believe it when I heard the expression "interstellar police". Yes, but, as I said, if, within traveling or communicating distance, there were anyone inclined to explore and help, we'd have heard from someone long before now. So there won't be any help.

I beg to differ on that - google it- there were numerous citations by ex-military, of [American] nuclear misadventures being interrupted by unknown [not of this earth] parties. some say it was Ooofohs, some say it was angelic intervention, some just can't say what it was, take your pick.

8O
Never heard of this before.

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2018, 3:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Michael829 wrote:

I beg to differ on that

If a powerful, highly advanced, civilization were protecting us, then things would be very different on Earth, from how they are.

Michael829