Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 10:09 pm

Never ending sandbox.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2018, 9:07 pm

For me it's more about the quality of the content than how much of it. I can pour 200-300 hours into a Morrowind game and love it, yet at ~100 hours Dragon Age: Inquisition feels about three times longer than it should have been because so much of the content was vapid.

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 9:20 pm

Quote:
What do you prefer in game length?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 10:40 pm

It depends. I play almost everything, and some games really suit a shorter length while others suit being longer. I think 10-15 hours is great for a semi-linear action title, but an RPG can be 60-80 hours or even well over 100 hours in length, and that's cool too. I find that if games have multiple endings and the player is encouraged to try and get most or all of them, a shorter length is generally preferable. That said, I like to get my money's worth.

As for the more specific question of length of stages, I guess I prefer a moderate length, but the longer stages are, the more I prefer being able to save anywhere or at the very least having frequent save points and/or auto saves. I'm assuming "stages" can also refer to areas in open world titles as terms like "stage" or "level" don't really apply there. In that case, I prefer when I'm not spending too much time traveling between Point A and Point B and can get to my objectives in a timely fashion or at least have enough distractions in between that I'm not just traveling through lifeless scenery. I also prefer RPGs that don't require too much side grinding, which isn't normally a problem with modern titles, but I guess could still happen. Padding is just not my thing.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm

Depends on the game.

gscwubwubwub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2018, 10:34 am

I like a good open ended experience and I'm also a total arcade junkie. Games like ORI and the Blind Forest and Disgaea are great too though. Linear, but you can also get much more from the game by exploring between the levels that are blocked off by story progress and trying to use game machnics in new ways.