Posting pics from imgur doesn’t work?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 5:36 am

Back when I had photobucket before they made it paid only. I’d just do the image code or insert image and past the address and it’d show up in the post. Now it just says image and shows nothing so I have to post link and have people click it. Is there any way to fix this.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 9:52 am

Photo bucket sucks now. Ever since they made it a paid site, they charge you for third party hosting so only way to share photos from there is if you pay for membership there or otherwise the photo will not show on websites you post the link to. So you would have to find another photo site that allows you to do it for free.

www.imgur.com is a free third party hosting site. I use it all the time and there is www.tinypic.com. I would recommend those.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 6:42 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Photo bucket sucks now. Ever since they made it a paid site, they charge you for third party hosting so only way to share photos from there is if you pay for membership there or otherwise the photo will not show on websites you post the link to. So you would have to find another photo site that allows you to do it for free.

http://www.imgur.com is a free third party hosting site. I use it all the time and there is http://www.tinypic.com. I would recommend those.

I’m using imgur now but it doesn’t show the pic here

Just has a box with the word image inside it.

See.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 6:57 pm

sly279 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

http://www.imgur.com is a free third party hosting site. I use it all the time and there is http://www.tinypic.com. I would recommend those.

I’m using imgur now but it doesn’t show the pic here

Just has a box with the word image inside it.

See.

I took your photo and right clicked, copied image address place it in the image icon above.

But it appears you maybe using a mobile device and that maybe part of your problem. Personally, I use a paid private image host for most of my images because it strips all types of geotags from my hosted photos.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jan 2018, 11:14 am

You didn't link to the image. You linked to an imgur page.

You need to make sure that your link ends with .jpg (or similar)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

How do I do that. I just copy the share imag link imgur gives me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:34 am

So I guess imgur doesn’t give direct links anymore, so what’s a photo hosting site that’d give me the appropriate links. I solely use image hosting sites to post on forums so if they don’t work for thst they useless.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 2:06 am

Imgur wouldn't work for me on my old tablet,old app.I use my iPhone when I want to post an image and it works here for me.But I can't veiw YouTube videos on his site on either device.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2018, 12:03 pm

sly279 wrote:
How do I do that. I just copy the share imag link imgur gives me.

Right click on the image and click "copy image location" or similar.

Another method is to right click, click "view image" or similar, and then copy the URL.