Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

Veggie Farmer wrote:
You have taken your research very seriously, but I guess you have to, since your readers will expect a historical series to be very accurate. I claim some SF leeway, especially considering my heroes are a black-budget top-secret task force. All of their tech would be government-issued, next-gen prototypes ... so I need to see what came out a year or so after my time frame! Sigh, I’ll keep looking things up as issues arrive. Reality is hard. I think I’ll be glad to hop on the flying saucers when that part arrives.

When I'm doing the research for book two, I bet I'll be thinking how much easier it would be if I'd gone with 'Piggy of the Scotland Yard' after all :D .

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:12 pm

It is possible, however part of the reason I would like to start working is so I would have a reason to get out of the house more.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
It is possible, however part of the reason I would like to start working is so I would have a reason to get out of the house more.

This is very true, as long as you don't take on too much, a job can be benificial.

Veggie Farmer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm

The question of loneliness comes up often in the farming/homesteading community, since we usually work alone. The best comment I’ve seen was the gentleman who declared he hasn’t been lonely since he placed a potted tomato seedling on his home office desk. He probably does need to get out more.

Sometimes even I need to get out and see other people, so I run errands to Rural King or Lowes. I’ll start conversations by asking for advice, which farmers are usually very happy to provide, so I gain useful knowledge as well as some limited company.