Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PBNJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2007, 10:43 am

Apparently mom says I had plenty of imaginary friends, and took to talking about myself to alot of my toys. I distinctly remember being sure that there was a girl trapped in our sofa, so I sometimes reached my arms deep inside the sofa to reach out to her. Occasionally I could feel her presence and I was sure she was reaching out to me too. Over the years, her presence kind of diminished.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Between ages 4-8 I talked to rocks alot, arranging them in special patterns, hiding them in my pocket and storing them in secret places so they'd be comfortable, things like that.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 11:53 am

I always did pretend games when I was a kid. When I was a kid I liked Doctor Who and I used to make out that I was the Doctor. The doorsteps outside my garden was the TARDIS. and Star Trek I used to take my chair outside and sit in the middle of the lawn and pretended I was the Captain of the Enterprise.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 12:15 pm

LOL. I had an imaginary friend when I was 13- like....the middle of last year. I think i knew he wasn't real, and I only talked to him in my head. He sorta calmed me down when i was upset. I was really,really, lonely.

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jun 2007, 12:19 pm

I had a phycologist think I might be phycotic because I was always pretending to be some cartoon character. I admit I was pretty hardcore when it came to pretending. When they asked me stuff such as "You're really Jessie aren't you?" I knew I was but told them no because that would ruin the whole thing. Or asked me what my name was I told them Buster Bunny. And since Autistic people aren't supposed to pretend I was phycotic.