Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Ants
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2018, 7:46 pm

I'm sure there been a thread on the Nintendo Switch previously. But having treated myself to one for Christmas I couldn't resist.

Those who have got one or played one what are your thoughts?

Have you any game suggestions?

I'm currently on Zelda which is absolutely amazing. Zelda is probably my favourite series of games and this new one is probably the best.

nerdynoob

06 Jan 2018, 8:01 pm

I love my Switch. Games I would highly recommend are: DOOM (2016), the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, L.A. Norie, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Seff
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2018, 8:14 pm

I’ve owned mine for awhile now and Zelda’s probably my favourite but I also have Mario Kart 8, Mario Oddessey, Splatoon 2 and Telltale Games’ Batman.

All are excellent if you like that sort of thing - not played Batman much but it’s a bit like and old point and click game with action sequences.
Splatoon 2 surprised me as I had no interest in it (came with the console) but it turns out to be rather good fun, think paintball deathmatch with Nintendo’s polished game mechanics.

Oh and I recently picked up the indie game Enter the Gungeon, which is old skool in difficulty and in that when you die, you start again.
Excellent, addictive and very frustrating
:twisted:

A friend has that Mario Rabbids game and that was another that I had no interest in whatsoever, but turned out to be pretty good. Think Mario version of XCOM.

Your neurodiverse score: 177 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 34 of 200

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm

I currently have 4 games so far.
Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, and DOOM.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 12:40 am

I have one, but I havent used it in months.

I'm more of a PC gamer, since I have much more interest in indie games instead of AAA stuff (which usually just bores me), and 99% of indie games do not reach consoles.

I have Zelda and Mario Kart for the Switch. Zelda.... I frankly didnt like much. The world is 99% empty. Someone I know referred to it as a "walking simulator", which to me is true. I, personally, have been calling it "Zelda: Ubisoft Edition" since it's YET ANOTHER bloody open world game. With the same dirt-slow pacing and many of the same mechanics. I gave it a number of hours, and lost interest.

To be fair though, while I loved the early Zelda games, I've hated Ocarina and every one after it, so... not surprising. But even if that wasnt the case, I'd still hate the Ubisoft Formula and any game that uses it.

Mario Kart is.... eh. I mean it's okay I guess. But I dont know anyone that is into it, so it never gets used.

I also do have Binding of Isaac for Switch, but it's distinctly inferior to the PC version (it's more buggy and is outright missing content, and there are no mods) so I only play that when I'm away from the house, which is also the only reason I bought it. Otherwise, I just stick with the PC version. Same with any other indie title that might be on there... I probably already have the PC one. Or the very few AAA games I do care about, for that matter (like Doom).

I have an interest in Splatoon 2, but... I hate dealing with other players in ANY game (and AI isnt advanced enough to substitute for them) so I'm reluctant to buy it.

I'll might buy the new Mario eventually. I've never been a big fan of the 3D Mario games though, to be honest. The only 3D platformers I've ever liked are those by Rare. Prefer 2D.

What I really wish was on there though was Mario Maker. I'd use the blasted thing frequently if that was the case. But nope, have to use the Wii U for that. I know Nintendo well enough at this point to know that despite that game's success, they wont port it. It'd make way too much sense.

Ants

07 Jan 2018, 4:04 pm

nerdynoob wrote:
I love my Switch. Games I would highly recommend are: DOOM (2016), the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, L.A. Norie, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I'll probably get Skyrim as I loved it on the PS. I'll possibly try Doom as I was a massive fan on the SNES. What is the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle all about?

Thank you for the suggestions people.

nerdynoob

07 Jan 2018, 9:05 pm

Ants wrote:

What is the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle all about?

Thank you for the suggestions people.

Basically it's XCOM but without the honest trailers guy.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 7:43 am

I'm waiting for more games to come out. I already have Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, Shantae, etc. on the WiiU, so the only game I would be interested in right now is Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm also kind of waiting to see if they're going to make another DS system, or if they're just trying to figure out a way to make the Switch small enough to fit in pockets.