Are you always the last person in class to finish tests?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2018, 6:31 am

I always took the longest to finish test due to my dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, & ADD.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:08 am

coalminer wrote:
I always take the longest to do tests. Usually, by the time I hand mine in, everyone else is waiting to move on to the next thing. It makes me feel a little bad sometimes, because I worry that I'm wasting everyone's time. But I don't know how they all manage to finish so quickly.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, except once when it was a "circle the right answer" type test. I had extended test time in college because I'm not particularly quick handed.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:09 pm

Usually I was. Sometimes it was because I was taking my time to make sure each answer to the best of my knowledge was correct, and my grades showed it. Sometimes it was because something about it made me anxious and I had a lot of trouble calming down and getting back on track.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:41 am

I was this for practical tasks. Chemistry and cooking. I could handle theory stuff but having to deal with all the instruments required for chemistry or cooking was too much for my lowered executive function.

I would always take ages to sort out the ingredients and cooking utensils and ages to perform the experiments.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 7:13 pm

Main reason i failed all my exams was i didn't have enough time, even with extra time (15 mins usually) when default is 90 mins it took 3 mins to do a question in a 50 question paper for example in Science, although i didn't have the chance to get in anything from classes because there were so many disruptive people sat next to me, and parents kept criticising that I wasn't paying attention. It took on average 10 times to read a question fully before i fully understood what it was asking, and they kept on making it a logic puzzle confusing the hell out of me. Ended up with an F and most other subjects around D and E grades. If you don't know these grades, basically D-50%+, E-40%, F-30%, and got an unclassified in IT believe it or not which is a 0 mark.

Andrew Rodgers
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2018, 7:05 am

Usually I'm in the last 'wave'. Sometimes I even need additional time to finish my test. But I try not to concentrate for too long on one task/question, if I really don't know it. I go to next, and when finish all I knew, I return to test's quetions I didn't knew. Some topics/questions really require more time to overthink about them.

If speaking about not tests, but texts, writing a composition or essay, it takes a loooot of my time. It's always was hard for me to formulate my thoughts on paper. It's hard to concentrate. Especially when you are limited by timeframes. When I need to write my coursework for fast, I fall into procrastination in fact.

I guess, we, 'slow runners', must try to make a plan and control how much time we spend on each task, and try to do it quicker, analize, why I coped with it later, was it difficult or I just was distracted?

Orion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2018, 10:45 am

My math final was scheduled for 1:00-2:10, but the professor said we could keep it as long as we were making progress. I finished at 4:12. I felt a little bad about keeping my professor so late, but you have to understand the importance of your own academic success and prioritize that. Don't worry about it, and don't guilt yourself.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2018, 12:08 pm

Yes. I get extra time though

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 6:50 pm

Orion wrote:
My math final was scheduled for 1:00-2:10, but the professor said we could keep it as long as we were making progress. I finished at 4:12. I felt a little bad about keeping my professor so late, but you have to understand the importance of your own academic success and prioritize that. Don't worry about it, and don't guilt yourself.

Yes, I had that on my software architecture exam. The exam was scheduled from 3:00 to 6:00, I ended up staying 'till about 9:00 (including a break to buy a snack at a nearby convince store).

I didn't feel too guilty because there were still three students who stayed on after I left. The amount of time the lecturer had to stay back would be determined by the last student to leave and I was the fourth last.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 8:11 pm

no, i'm often very quick with it.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 11:20 am

Fireblossom wrote:
I'm not always the last, but definitely among the last ones. I've just always written it off as being a bit slow at everything I do, in this case reading and writing.
This.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 9:18 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Usually I am the last one to finish tests, but not always. Depends what the subject is.

I remember at one point I was given extra time, but I lost that because I was retested on my abilities, and no longer qualified. My extra time was due to my slow writing speeds, however the tests also showed visual processing difficulties.

The second time I was tested I scored the same on visual processing, but I couldn't get extra time because apparently that wasn't enough on its own to qualify me, since my writing speed had improved greatly. So yeah, being in the 1st percentile for visual processing apparently didn't grant me any help.

That was ridiculously unfair of them to do that to you, imo!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 9:21 pm

Turtleton wrote:
I am usually one of the first ones to hand in tests. It feels so great when I get to leave the exam venue when everyone else is still working on it. My classmates must have felt really threatened. :twisted: I always leave with an evil smile on my face and make sure to cross eyes with someone in the room.

Muahahaha!! ! :twisted: :mrgreen:

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 9:29 pm

The valedictorian in my dept. would finish every test first.
Always.
She was remarkable.

Eg. Test was sched. for 2 hrs.......... she was out the door in 40 min.

I literally can't read the test in 40 min......fml

jesstheflautist3
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Aug 2018, 11:53 pm

I never finish first, but don't finish last that often either. In my religion exam a few days ago I finished last, but that was still 5 minutes earlier than the time given to us, so the teacher supervising my small room let us out early!

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2018, 10:04 pm

When we were examining a Linux disk image on a virtual box for the sake of a mockup digital investigation case, I finished before most people did. I also scored 67% which isn't great but it's fine by me since it's up there far beyond a passing grade.

With that in mind, context really matters. A conventional test with a lot of reading and consideration, I would often be toward the back of the pack there.